Express Scribe 5.02 Intel Hot Keys

Guest camillybug

Guest camillybug

Hi, Initially I was able to assign hot keys, but as iTunes was overriding the F7-F12 keys (which is what I wanted to use) I had to use other keys. This didn't work well for me, so I turned on the "Use all F1, F2, etc. keys" in the system preferences. Now the iTunes keys are disabled (good), however, and I'm not saying there is any connection here, but at this point I can not assign any hot keys at all. I have tried trashing Scribe and reinstalling, but it isn't clean as the audio file in the original installed version is still showing up. Can someone tell me how to do a clean uninstall?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest xscriptionist

You want to use AppZapper (better, costs, but does have fully functional, time limited trial version) or AppCleaner (free, not as good as AppZapper, but gets the job done—usually). Just Google either.

Guest xscriptionist

PS: I'm not sure if this will fix your problem. I was just answering your question about uninstalling! This may not even work for you... but I hope it helps you in some way. =)

• 2 months later...
Guest leahk18

I have recently installed Express Scribe and I'm dealing with the same hot key issue. Someone suggested checking using universal F keys under Keyboard in 'System preferences' which I tried with no luck. I also tried to add my own hot keys unsuccessfully - I'm out of my league on that piece. Help!!!