Start Stop and Express Scribe

Guest DGordon

Guest DGordon

I have been using ES for a number of years now, even though Start Stop was my first digital system. I recently took on a job where I had need of my Start Stop again to be able to play video.

I installed SS, hooked up my pedal, and it works, but I'm so unhappy with some of the bugs in it like chopping off the end of my audio.

I would like to be able to use ES unless I need to play a video, but when I tried using either the pedal I usually use with ES (serial Infinity) or switching to my two pedal SS pedal, it won't work. I cannot get ES to recognize either pedal no matter what I've done.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled ES and still no good. It just won't recognize that there's a pedal hooked up.

I would really appreciate any input on this that someone may have.

I am running Windows XP home. I have my INfinity pedal hooked up through Com 1 serial directly to computer. My SS pedal is hooked up on a serial port adapter directly to my USB port.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ginger Hoffman
I have been using ES for a number of years now, even though Start Stop was my first digital system. I recently took on a job where I had need of my Start Stop again to be able to play video.

I installed SS, hooked up my pedal, and it works, but I'm so unhappy with some of the bugs in it like chopping off the end of my audio.

I would like to be able to use ES unless I need to play a video, but when I tried using either the pedal I usually use with ES (serial Infinity) or switching to my two pedal SS pedal, it won't work. I cannot get ES to recognize either pedal no matter what I've done.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled ES and still no good. It just won't recognize that there's a pedal hooked up.

I would really appreciate any input on this that someone may have.

I am running Windows XP home. I have my INfinity pedal hooked up through Com 1 serial directly to computer. My SS pedal is hooked up on a serial port adapter directly to my USB port.

I've had really good luck with a serial-to-usb cable. I purchased mine from Radio Shack for about $30 US and have not had any problem with my serial pedal since installing/connecting the converter cable.

Hope it helps!

Ginger