New version, new license???

slam666

Hi,

I just got an email today from NCH saying there is a new update for the software VRS. So I downloaded the new version 5.31 and bam, unregistered software??? So I enter my old registration info and it does not work. I go to the website and find out that the license is only good for the version you buy??? So every time there is an update I need to buy a new license??? This is the only company so far that I know that charge an update price for every update, what about having a license valid until the next major update of your software? Like most company, you buy a software version 6.1 and you are good until version 7.0 and most company also give you a free upgrade if you buy a license for a version that change major version in the next month.

Also you dont keep older version of your software on your web site so now I cant even go back to version 5.21, I have to buy a new license, this is unacceptable.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

we are not satisfied too with the upgrade policy and I have open a topic in IVM Telephone attendant forum. Asking for pirate version and calling them robbers is not a good way to start a discussion. We prefer diplomacy.

If you want a better update policy, please reply in our thread and maybe someone will answer.

Giuseppe Chillemi

Avantia

Hi,

Wayne - I deleted your posts. If you have issue with this feel free to send me a PM and we can take it up there. We are certainly open to constructive criticism of our policies - they are not all perfect, but slander and warez discussions will not be tolerated.

The good news is that within the next several months we will have a portal where customers can enter their email address, and get all previous license key emails resent to their email addresses, and also be provided with a link to the older version of the software application that the original license key email was associated with so they can download and install.

If you have tried a new version, did not have a backup of your old system, and were outside of the free upgrade window, please enter a support ticket at Product Registration Support and we will do our best to help you get back up and running on your old version. In many cases we are even able to supply the older version you were using depending on the product and the how old your version was, but not always. We are always able to manually resend your license key email. Whatever the case we will do our best to make sure you do not get forced into an upgrade that you did not desire.

DJ