audio in debut

bmccall

• 1 year later...

I am using the free debut on XP with a sigma tel audio sound board. when I record audio it is very soft and I have to turn the speaker volume up all the way. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Ben

Hope I get a thanks for this because I had to register to give you the answer, spent ages looking for it because I had the same issue. After Googling what a male to male 3.5 stereo cable was, here's what I found and all works perfectly now!

"If you are trying to record sound from streaming video on your computer, you would need to use a stereo mix option (if your sound card supports this), or for most cases you can connect a male to male 3.5 inch stereo cable from the speaker output on the computer to the 'line in' port, this will cause the audio to go out through the speaker port, then back in through the line in where it will be recorded."

• 5 months later...

Hope I get a thanks for this because I had to register to give you the answer, spent ages looking for it because I had the same issue. After Googling what a male to male 3.5 stereo cable was, here's what I found and all works perfectly now!

"If you are trying to record sound from streaming video on your computer, you would need to use a stereo mix option (if your sound card supports this), or for most cases you can connect a male to male 3.5 inch stereo cable from the speaker output on the computer to the 'line in' port, this will cause the audio to go out through the speaker port, then back in through the line in where it will be recorded."

I had a similar problem and I appreciate your time and efforts to try to solve this. I have an HPDV5t and the basic video capture program. I had hardly any sound on screen video capture, tried various setting and could not get it to work right.I tried the stereo cable solution you suggest but when I played my on screen video/audio recording back I had no sound at all. I think it had to do with my recording settings. I then found that I have the 'stereo mix' on my laptop (I never knew what that meant) and I clicked on that, I also turned off the webcam mic option.Then I tried my screen capture again. Voila, I had good video and sound and no environmental sounds, (which I had before because I got the recording from the external mics). This is complicated stuff for many people! In this age of media usage, I wish laptop and/or software manufacturers would give more detailed explanations of how sound systems/video systems work and how to change settings for various applications. Thanks again, Anne