Output movies appear 'double speed' when editing .m2ts files

joq

Hi I'm a new user of the free videopad program and currently my resulting movies created with it appear to be in 'double speed' when viewed (either in vlc or mindows media player).

The files I'm editing to make the movie are .m2ts files which the program opens and allows me to edit and create the movie fine. But no matter what options I set when creating the movie (different frame rates, file formats etc.) the video always plays back at what seems like double the normal speed. (The audio haowever plays back at normal speed.)

I've tried using input file formats other than .m2ts (or converting the .m2ts file first) and the resulting movies from these play back perfectly. So is videopad unable to edit & process .m2ts files correctly, or should I be able to use it for these?

Really hope someone can help, and that the program can use the .m2ts files properly, as so far it's the only free program I've found which opens & edits these files, but frustratingly, the output isn't much use at double speed.

Thanks

I've gotten used to converting to mp4-in-AVI with Prism (or VirtualDub) before editing in Videopad, that's just the way it is for now.

Let me guess - AVCHD Lite from a little Panasonic digicam?

Spot on about AVCHD Lite from a Panasonic. I suppose converting first is the only way then? A shame as I thought that I'd finally found a program that could handle them. Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it's because the Panasonic AVCHD Lite is 25 (or 29.97) fps in a transport stream marked for playback as "show each frame twice" giving 50.0 (or 59.94 depending upon region/model). If you can't find a VideoPad output option that copes well with this (and I'd have liked to use FFDSHOW but you can't change the sound from PCM or it changes away from FFDSHOW again - at least it does on the trial version?), then prior conversions are the order of the day. I convert first because I couldn't get clip-to-clip transitions working well, either when editing or in the final render. I do use FFDSHOW with PCM sound from Prism, because uncompressed sound doesn't matter for temporary AVI files which get deleted once I've "made my movie" :)