Fatal Bug - Needs Immediate Attention

allenm541

Hi. I would otherwise be interested in purchasing FastFox; the only thing stopping me is the fact that I cannot get it to work due to this annoying bug. Here are the steps I've taken:

1) Open FastFox

2) Click on the Add New Shortcut button (the little green plus mark)

3) Enter a keyword, such as TEST

4) Enter text

5) Click OK

6) ***Stuck at this step due to a warning message that does not allow me to proceed***

At this point I get a warning balloon message next to the keyword entry form that reads "Keyword Required. Please enter a keyword." This is just ridiculous because I already entered a keyword!

This bug is a real show stopper. I'd otherwise have purchased this software, but will probably look elsewhere now. Can the developers give me an estimation for when they think this bug will be fixed?

I am using:

Windows 7 64-bit

8GB DDR3 RAM

Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P motherboard

AMD Phenom II X4 810 processor

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

The fatal bug is not a fatal bug at all. FastFox is not compatible with a 64bit system. The developers are working to get it to where it is compatible but we don't have an ETA on it. Until then, it is just not supported for a 64bit operating system.

cheers

• 7 months later...
Guest n_c_h_df

With the release of FastFox 2.03, FastFox is now compatible with 64-bit versions of Windows. In order to use FastFox on 64-bit systems, please download the newest version from the NCH website.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just bought a brand new laptop and loaded the Fast Fox software onto my new computer.

I am getting the same message.

I was in discussion for about 3 months with the company and was finally told they couldn't reproduce the error.

Well, I just did.

At first I thought it was my computer, but now I see that it's not.

It's really very frustrating that they have no customer service number where you can actually speak to a person about the problem.

Glad to know I'm not the only one with these issues.

I am having this same issue. I have the current version (2.03) and I can not add any new shortcuts. Has there been any other fix to this issue.

• 2 months later...

This may be "dumb," but have you tried entering a THREE letter keyword in place of a FOUR? All the Fast Fox examples use three letters; maybe the prog wants to always see that? I dunno. Just a thought. :) Otherwise, as others mention, the 64-bit processor you have causes as many problems as "XP Emulation Mode," touted to let you run XP progs on Win 7, BUT, it is selective, and some will NOT run. :(

Linda

Hi. I would otherwise be interested in purchasing FastFox; the only thing stopping me is the fact that I cannot get it to work due to this annoying bug. Here are the steps I've taken:

1) Open FastFox

2) Click on the Add New Shortcut button (the little green plus mark)

3) Enter a keyword, such as TEST

4) Enter text

5) Click OK

6) ***Stuck at this step due to a warning message that does not allow me to proceed***

At this point I get a warning balloon message next to the keyword entry form that reads "Keyword Required. Please enter a keyword." This is just ridiculous because I already entered a keyword!

This bug is a real show stopper. I'd otherwise have purchased this software, but will probably look elsewhere now. Can the developers give me an estimation for when they think this bug will be fixed?

I am using:

Windows 7 64-bit

8GB DDR3 RAM

Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P motherboard

AMD Phenom II X4 810 processor

• 3 months later...

This may be "dumb," but have you tried entering a THREE letter keyword in place of a FOUR? All the Fast Fox examples use three letters; maybe the prog wants to always see that? I dunno. Just a thought. :) Otherwise, as others mention, the 64-bit processor you have causes as many problems as "XP Emulation Mode," touted to let you run XP progs on Win 7, BUT, it is selective, and some will NOT run. :(

Linda

Yes I have tried the 3-letter keywords, but the 2.10 version is not allowing it. Admin states that this "bug" is fixed after versions 2.03, but it is not working for me (I have a paid copy, version 2.10, downloaded July 20, 2011). I tried running it in XP compatibility mode, but that doesn't work either. Please, NCH, could you fix this (and answer my support ticket)? I depend on FastFox for my work and its very crippling to me to not be able to add or edit my entries (I have my database of expansions from my old version which was on my old XP machine which died last week).

Thanks for your help and keep up the good work NCH, awesome software!

Stacey

Yes I have tried the 3-letter keywords, but the 2.10 version is not allowing it. Admin states that this "bug" is fixed after versions 2.03, but it is not working for me (I have a paid copy, version 2.10, downloaded July 20, 2011). I tried running it in XP compatibility mode, but that doesn't work either. Please, NCH, could you fix this (and answer my support ticket)? I depend on FastFox for my work and its very crippling to me to not be able to add or edit my entries (I have my database of expansions from my old version which was on my old XP machine which died last week).

Thanks for your help and keep up the good work NCH, awesome software!

Stacey

Thanks to a lot of help from Stacey, we were finally able to fix this bug. We will be releasing a new version of FastFox shortly.