Transfer/Backup Program

Bhoward48

I have IVM version 3.07 that works fine. We needed to upgrade hardware (computer and telephony card). The old sytem is still operational - no failures. The IVM instructions say that to transfer the software we should save a copy of the subdirectory and copy it over to the new computer. I have done that and it appears that all is okay (operates and is registered/licensed) but during the handling of a call there are errors that pop stating that a prompt is missing and to refer to settings > prompts. The prompts are missing from the system on the new computer. Looking at the old computer the prompts are all there. The error references subdirectories in My Documents that don't exist on the old computer so I can't "copy" anything over.

We are a small underfunded not-for-profit and a software upgrade is not in the current budget. Obviously that would be the easy fix but we are broke. The existing version works well for us and our program is very small and limited to a couple of prompts and a call transfer feature to a live emergency screener to help the caller.

As I said - I have the old one still running and would be able to retrieve any files or go thru any process needed to "get" the transfer done onto the new computer. Can anyone assist - especially someone that has actually done a complete transfer (without an upgrade) from old hardware to new. Thanks in advance for your help.