Treo

Guest JAP

I downloaded the latest PD and installed it on my Treo 650. It works fine while recording. When I press send, it flashes a couple of dialog boxes and the dictation disappears. I mean it really disappears. It does not show up in Versamail although that is the email selected in the options. It does not show up at the destination.

I know that Versamail works with regular email.

Guest Matthew Hite

I am having the exact same problem. My versamail works fine, but PD will not send the audio file to the selected e-mail address. I have sent two e-mails to PD, but they have not responded (despite a 24 hour guarantee). I fiddled with the email client options and switched it to internal SMTP. It acts like it is trying to send, but gives me an error "mail host server error (HELO not accepted)". I have no idea how to fix it. The manual is no help. HELLO, PALM DICTATE PEOPLE, ARE YOU READING THIS? PLEASE HELP! The program is useless unless we can send our dictation to someone.

quote=JAP,Oct 4 2005, 06:33 PM]

I downloaded the latest PD and installed it on my Treo 650. It works fine while recording. When I press send, it flashes a couple of dialog boxes and the dictation disappears. I mean it really disappears. It does not show up in Versamail although that is the email selected in the options. It does not show up at the destination.

I know that Versamail works with regular email.

• 3 weeks later...

Me too. The internal smtp function does not have a place to authenticate esmtp, which is required apparently for my provider, comcast.

VersaMail 3.0... allows for this but the problem seems to be moving the email from PD to VersaMail's outbox.

It would be nice if the PD folks could answer this question cause the thing is kind of worthless to me without this function.

• 1 year later...

Morning.

Exactly the same problem at me too: Treo 680 and tried with five different email providers. all SMTP servers reject the connect of PalmDictates internal SMTP client by: HELO not accepted. What can I do?

TIA and kind regards, Friedrich