A Beginner's Question

MisterH

Hello anyone out there! I'm trying to build my own custom voicemail setup and I'm having two beginner level problems for which I cannot find clear answers in the online help.

First problem:

I understand that in order to have more than ten mailboxes I have to use the variable instead of single digit key response method but I cannot yet figure out how to do that. Nowhere that I can find in the program does it describe the steps to do that. I have a default OGM created for allowing input of the three digit extension but I need to figure out how that three digit input followed by # sign routes the calls to each of the 20 mailboxes.

Second Problem:

I can't figure out how to add an OGM command that lets the user playback the message they just recorded to preview it. I see that there's a voice prompt already there for the OGM to use but I can't find the command that invokes it.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

Hi,

Problem 1:

Lets say that you have 20 mailboxes named MyMailBox1, MyMailBox2... MyMailBox20.

Create a new OGM say OGMWelcome. Set the OGM to play your welcome message "Welcome to my company enter the your mail box number after the beep <BEEP>". After completion set to start OGMGetInput("Go to OGM...").

Create OGMGetInput.

Under 'Key response' select 'Data entry'. Set variable name as 'boxNumber'. Set 'At End or #' to start OGMMailBox.

Create OGMMailBox.

On completion 'Leave message in Mailbox' - Set the mailbox name as 'MyMailBox%boxNumber%'

Test your system

Problem 2

For this you will have to start another OGM configured to playback the file that has been recorded.

In the Record Wav File window, set the wav file into which you wish to record. Under 'After Autostop' select 'Go to OGM' and set the name of the OGM that will playback the wav file.

Babu

We develop Plugins for NCH IVM.

Hi,

Problem 1:

Lets say that you have 20 mailboxes named MyMailBox1, MyMailBox2... MyMailBox20.

Create a new OGM say OGMWelcome. Set the OGM to play your welcome message "Welcome to my company enter the your mail box number after the beep <BEEP>". After completion set to start OGMGetInput("Go to OGM...").

Create OGMGetInput.

Under 'Key response' select 'Data entry'. Set variable name as 'boxNumber'. Set 'At End or #' to start OGMMailBox.

Create OGMMailBox.

On completion 'Leave message in Mailbox' - Set the mailbox name as 'MyMailBox%boxNumber%'

Test your system

Problem 2

For this you will have to start another OGM configured to playback the file that has been recorded.

In the Record Wav File window, set the wav file into which you wish to record. Under 'After Autostop' select 'Go to OGM' and set the name of the OGM that will playback the wav file.

Babu

Thanks so much Babu. That certainly helps a lot. With regard to problem 2, how would I set the name of the file to be played back, as I don't know what that file name would be yet?

Thanks

Rich

Thanks so much Babu. That certainly helps a lot. With regard to problem 2, how would I set the name of the file to be played back, as I don't know what that file name would be yet?

Thanks

Rich

Hi Rich,

Create a new wav file say mywav.wav at your desired location.

Create OGM1

Set 'End of the Message' to 'Record Wav File..' and set the wav file to mywav.wav. Press the 'Key Response' tab. Press 1 'Go to OGM..' OGM2.

Create OGM2:

Under 'Message' tab set 'Play external wav/Mp3 file' to mywav.wav

Babu

Hi Rich,

Create a new wav file say mywav.wav at your desired location.

Create OGM1

Set 'End of the Message' to 'Record Wav File..' and set the wav file to mywav.wav. Press the 'Key Response' tab. Press 1 'Go to OGM..' OGM2.

Create OGM2:

Under 'Message' tab set 'Play external wav/Mp3 file' to mywav.wav

Babu

I greatly appreciate your help Babu but I'm afraid I still don't understand the procedures your described. Perhaps it might help if I described the current OGM structure I have (even though it is incomplete):

1. OGM 1 plays for all incoming calls and has users input their three digit extension followed by #.

2. The key response at end of data entry determines which of the 20 mailboxes are addressed. At the "at # or 3 end" box I have it set to "Leave message for mailbox." Within that command option I also have it set to "play greeting", "use special mailbox menu (1,2,9)" and "use OGM menu for any other keys.

3. OGM 2 plays a greeting that instructs users "to listen to your recording, press 2, to re-record your message press 1, to end the call press 9"

In the key response tab I have input 1 set to "leave message for mailbox. For input 9 I have set to "goodbye." So now my issue is I don't know what command to associate with input key 2.

Does any of this make sense to you so far?

Thanks again for your consideration.

Rich

I greatly appreciate your help Babu but I'm afraid I still don't understand the procedures your described. Perhaps it might help if I described the current OGM structure I have (even though it is incomplete):

1. OGM 1 plays for all incoming calls and has users input their three digit extension followed by #.

2. The key response at end of data entry determines which of the 20 mailboxes are addressed. At the "at # or 3 end" box I have it set to "Leave message for mailbox." Within that command option I also have it set to "play greeting", "use special mailbox menu (1,2,9)" and "use OGM menu for any other keys.

3. OGM 2 plays a greeting that instructs users "to listen to your recording, press 2, to re-record your message press 1, to end the call press 9"

In the key response tab I have input 1 set to "leave message for mailbox. For input 9 I have set to "goodbye." So now my issue is I don't know what command to associate with input key 2.

Does any of this make sense to you so far?

Thanks again for your consideration.

Rich

Hi Rich,

We are ready to solve this for you for a small fee. If you want this please email me to bmohanan@astoblue.com. We partner with NCH in developing Plugin for IVM.

Babu

Hi Rich,

We are ready to solve this for you for a small fee. If you want this please email me to bmohanan@astoblue.com. We partner with NCH in developing Plugin for IVM.

Babu

Thanks for the advice. I may very well do that- once I get my SIP provider connection issue fixed as well.

• 2 weeks later...