Lots of crashing...

Gage8

I'm not sure what is going on with 4.24 but wow does it crash a lot. I am working in Vista with large wav files, basically recording audio tapes to digital. All I can do in WavePad is record and save. When I open any large wav files and try to delete empty sections, copy, paste or any of the above it hangs and I have to close it.

Does anyone else experience this?

• 1 month later...

Hi yes it did & still does. I have version 4.27 & it does not handle large files. AND if you "bookmark" very much when you hit the "save button" it may "freeze up" stability is very questionable & if you are working important files make sure & have a backup of a backup. Do NOT send in bug reports, & click on the "download this it MAY have a fix in it for this problem" because you will have to pay for the program again.

I have been using this program for over 3 years & am quite frustrated. I have been told to go to another program..? Thats not the point. If one is going to SELL somethng it should work for what it is advertised to do. Have a good day. cut.

• 1 year later...

I'm not sure what is going on with 4.24 but wow does it crash a lot. I am working in Vista with large wav files, basically recording audio tapes to digital. All I can do in WavePad is record and save. When I open any large wav files and try to delete empty sections, copy, paste or any of the above it hangs and I have to close it.

Does anyone else experience this?

you may want to try 4.52

on another machine if possible or delete current version, try 4.52 see if it handles the job

if it does

then tell nch you need to re register in the newer version as the old is too buggy

I don't know how they'll respond...they don't do stuff the way I'd like them to or expect them to.

their shopping cart still can't take my visa card, but the paypal button did work....

Hi I am using 4.24 & it seems to be working. I have experienced the "Hang" you speak of with larger files, pits to lose work. I searched the cp for the repository that holds such files but I do not know where it is.

It seems that XP Pro with lots of memory seems to handle the math better than vista or win7? XP is what "Diamond cut"(Sound CO) recommends. . I have been striping down the bloat on the programs I use in Vista & that seems to help also running all the memory you can install seems to help a lot, I am kinda of sold on putting on as much ram as possible on any laps I run mow , world of difference.

I use The VST program for a noise program I have & it puts a "spike" (pretty wide spike) in at the beginning of the edited part sometimes. I use DC7 & 8 also but those who hack me seem to know that program too well & I cannot get anything done with it unless I am in the Faraday cage & then I only have battery time to work anything & that's only about an hour which is not much time for this type of endeavor. I paid for 8.00 worth of support & have not gotten that, rather frustrated with co's that don't respond, I guess the time difference is a problem but oh well. keep on going till ya can't go no more lol take care.