Where's The Manual?

enewbold

I've seen references to "the manual" in other posts to this forum, but I can't seem to locate one. If the references are to the "online help," then I'm sorry, but that is woefully inadequate for documentation. If you really want to sell me the PRO version of this package, then provide me with some documentation of the basic version first so I can get a feel for it. Like, how does one clip off the first 2 minutes of a video clip, or how do you mark and the remove a 3 minute section from the middle of a video? If actions like these are easily performed, then I would, indeed, purchase the Pro version to enjoy the benefits of the full package. Thank you!

If a User Interface is designed properly then a manual isn't required :D

Seriously... I suppose you just have to do what I do - click on everything you see and watch what happens!

> clip off the first 2 minutes of a video clip

Click on the left side of the clip in the timeline and drag it to the right...

Or move the red/blue markers in the preview (left) window when a clip is being previewed, or play to the required point (or click on the time strip to move to that position) and press the red/blue marker buttons... that's 3 ways to achieve the same thing.

> remove a 3 minute section from the middle

move the timeline pointer to the start of the bit to cut out, and press the button to [split Clip] ... then do the same at the other end of the section to be removed. Your original clip is now three clips. Click on the duff middle bit and press the delete key.

If you watch the tutorial videos you should get a good idea of what's possible.

• 1 year later...

I've seen references to "the manual" in other posts to this forum, but I can't seem to locate one. If the references are to the "online help," then I'm sorry, but that is woefully inadequate for documentation. If you really want to sell me the PRO version of this package, then provide me with some documentation of the basic version first so I can get a feel for it. Like, how does one clip off the first 2 minutes of a video clip, or how do you mark and the remove a 3 minute section from the middle of a video? If actions like these are easily performed, then I would, indeed, purchase the Pro version to enjoy the benefits of the full package. Thank you!

yes the web site mentions included manual under Help but alas the the Help files are empty emailing nch has been unhelpful