Which is the right software- Dial Dictate or IVM?

MisterH

Good Day All,

I've been trying to get some detailed, pre-sales product questions answered but the "help" I've been given so far via email has been so vague and evasive I felt I had to turn to the user community for help.

I am trying to build a standalone, PC-based voice recording and podcast publishing solution for remote users. I am having trouble determining WHICH NCH products would be best suited to my specific needs- in fact I am assuming I will need perhaps serveral software packages to accomplish my objective.

Anyway, here is my complete usage and functional requirements outline:

My site uses podcasters who are subject matter experts in specific areas of culinary arts. I've defined a series of podcast feeds for each podcaster and I aggregate these feeds on its website as well as through other syndicators like iTunes and Lexy for mobile devices.

Each podcaster composes and delivers audio recordings on a weekly basis (sometimes even daily) and program lengths vary between one to three minutes.

The podcasters possess highly variable degrees of technical proficiency in using digital technology and the web to create and deliver their editorial contributions. For this reason I've determined that the most appropriate solution is one that can incorporate familiar, older technology ( analog telephone) as well as new (VOiP) for intake of podcaster contributions.

Contributing podcasters' basic usage requirements would encompass the following:

• Call in to a main telephone number via landline, cell or VOiP client.

• Access their assigned extension via voice prompt.

• Access message recording features which include-

o Initiate record

o End record

o Review

o Re-record

o Send to production queue on completion.

--------------------------------

In looking at both IVM and Dial Dictate I see essentially the same functions. However the former costs far less than the latter.

Can anyone tell me the crucial differences that would help guide me to the correct product?

Many thanks in advance.