Crashing with Snow Leopard

slusnia

I've recently upgraded to Snow Leopard (Mac OS 10.6) and now Switch crashes every time I try to convert my WMA files to mp3. Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be the problem. I had a similar problem with another program, and in that case, I had to throw out the Preferences file to eliminate the 'auto-check for updates' function that was apparently causing the program to crash. Is there something similar in Switch? And if so, which file(s) would I need to delete to fix this problem?

Thanks!

More info -- it works for other conversions, just not with WMA. I have to use another program now to convert the WMA then I can use Switch to modify the converted file to my needs.

I think it is not communicating with the beta of Flip4Mac for Snow Leopard.

More info -- it works for other conversions, just not with WMA. I have to use another program now to convert the WMA then I can use Switch to modify the converted file to my needs.

I think it is not communicating with the beta of Flip4Mac for Snow Leopard.

I am having the same problem with Snow Leopard and Switch. I'm also using beat of Flip4Mac for Snow Leopard, so you might be right. I've email technical support, so hope I'll hear from them some time.

I am having the same problem with Snow Leopard and Switch. I'm also using beat of Flip4Mac for Snow Leopard, so you might be right. I've email technical support, so hope I'll hear from them some time.

Switch was working for me under Snow Leopard and then suddenly stopped. I saw your reference to Flip4Mac and realized that I had just recently changed the "Open local files immediately" option in the Flip4Mac preference pane. I switched it back and it appears to work now. The option is on the "Player" tab, the second option down.

Hi,

For those of you still having problems with Switch and Snow Leopard, I have received some initial feedback from development:

Can you please install Rosetta (PowerPC emulator).

"Insert the Snow leopard install DVD and open it in finder. Double-click on the "optional installs.mpkg" and follow the instructions. On the screen with the choice of things to install, choose Rosetta."

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=10320646

Let us know if this works.

Thanks.

DJ

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

For those of you still having problems with Switch and Snow Leopard, I have received some initial feedback from development:

Can you please install Rosetta (PowerPC emulator).

"Insert the Snow leopard install DVD and open it in finder. Double-click on the "optional installs.mpkg" and follow the instructions. On the screen with the choice of things to install, choose Rosetta."

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=10320646

Let us know if this works.

Thanks.

DJ

This does NOT work for me - I have a MacBook w/ 10.6.1

-Keppler

I solved this thanks to Time Machine. I remembered I had installed the latest Flip4Mac update last weekend, so I went to the Library/Quicktime folder, and restore the Flip4Mac quicktime component files from a backup from last week. Then launched Switch and it was back to normal, no more weird crashes when converting from wma to mp3.

I solved this thanks to Time Machine. I remembered I had installed the latest Flip4Mac update last weekend, so I went to the Library/Quicktime folder, and restore the Flip4Mac quicktime component files from a backup from last week. Then launched Switch and it was back to normal, no more weird crashes when converting from wma to mp3.

I tried reinstalling Flip4Mac, but I'm still having the same problem. Switch is still crashing when I try to convert wma to mp3. Does anyone else have a solution for this problem? I just bought Switch not that long ago, and I'm worried that it was wasted money now that my computer is upgraded. Wince. Any help is appreciated!

I am having issues as well - my version of Flip4Mac was 2.3.0.11 (BETA) -- I was just prompted to update to 2.3.0.14. I did upgrade and it made NO difference -- still quits. If yours is working, please let us know what version Flip4Mac you are using.

OKAY -- I HAVE IT WORKING !! This is what I did. I went to the Flip4Mac site and looked for older downloads. I found version 2.1.2.72 there. I downloaded and installed it right over my newest copy. Launched Switch and everything worked on my MacBook AS ADVERTISED. So, there you have it - a starting point... something you can try and see if that fixes the issue for you as well. I may choose to upgrade one version at a time until it breaks -- or NOT. I like having it work - for now. Good luck !!

Will this change my status from 'Novice' to something better ? We'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

OKAY -- I HAVE IT WORKING !! This is what I did. I went to the Flip4Mac site and looked for older downloads. I found version 2.1.2.72 there. I downloaded and installed it right over my newest copy. Launched Switch and everything worked on my MacBook AS ADVERTISED. So, there you have it - a starting point... something you can try and see if that fixes the issue for you as well. I may choose to upgrade one version at a time until it breaks -- or NOT. I like having it work - for now. Good luck !!

Will this change my status from 'Novice' to something better ? We'll see.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Switch crash described here due to the latest Flip4Mac update is not limited to Snow Leopard. I just experienced the same crash, and benefited from the same Flip4Mac downgrade advice, and I'm running Mac OS 10.5.8. Switch no longer crashed when I downloaded Flip4Mac 2.2.3.7 and simply installed it on top of the existing version.

Thank you for the advice.

This thread may better serve other users if it is renamed with a more appropriate title.

• 11 months later...