IVM and Loquendo Voices

Giuseppe Chillemi

They should work fine together, I'm pretty sure I've used Loquendo voices at one point. Just make sure the voice you want is set as the 'default computer voice' in the Windows Control Panel. There is a bug in some IVM versions which causes IVM to ignore the voice you select and use only the default computer voice.

They should work fine together, I'm pretty sure I've used Loquendo voices at one point. Just make sure the voice you want is set as the 'default computer voice' in the Windows Control Panel. There is a bug in some IVM versions which causes IVM to ignore the voice you select and use only the default computer voice.

I am using version 5.02, the latest one, and IVM crashes as soon as he try to play something using loquendo voice.

Giuseppe Chillemi

• 2 months later...

Hiya,

I think i might have the same problem. When you say you went back to a 8khz voice, do you mean a default one like microsoft sam? My natural voice worked fine with version 5.00, but i had to buy a new licence it upgraded it to v5.02. Now if i have an OGM with a variable in it just hangs afterwards and doesnt go to the next OGM.

A bit rubbish really!!

Wingmiester, I'm pretty sure your problem is unrelated, although I don't have a solution for you - sorry (it sounds like a bug though).

The khz refers to the sampling rate/frequency which is essentially the sound quality. Since most telephone systems today run on 8khz audio, many Text To Speech developers make two versions of their 'natural' voices; a 22-44khz voice for desktop applications and an 8 khz voice for phone applications.

Normally there is no issue with using a 22khz (or higher quality) voice in IVM or any other telephony system, but the 8khz voices sometimes sound better because they are specifically designed to perform best over the phone.

• 8 months later...