Can your software do this?

JSmythe

Hi, new here. And I am really liking this software so far!

Before I buy it, I need to know if it can do the following.

I have a number, 111-222-1234

I have 10 employees

I want to put a number beside the phone number of a specific employee

111-222-1234 #44

111-222-1234 #55

etc etc

So when people call my main number, a voice greeting will answer saying "please enter the number of the employee you wish to hear, or press 5 to speak to our receptionist!"

That is straightforward.

So is someone calls 111,222,1234, and enters employee #44, they hear his voice greeting. Then, an option "if you want to hire me, press 5 to speak to our receptionist"

Can this software do that, with the capability of about 10 employees, each will have their own voice greeting, their own code to hear their greeting.

Also, if the lines are very busy, will the software only take 1 call at a time, or can it handle multiple ppl calling in at once? I onlyhave one main ph # and call waiting.

Sorry for the long post, I am very new to this type of system and have a hard time explaining what I want. thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, new here. And I am really liking this software so far!

Before I buy it, I need to know if it can do the following.

I have a number, 111-222-1234

I have 10 employees

I want to put a number beside the phone number of a specific employee

111-222-1234 #44

111-222-1234 #55

etc etc

So when people call my main number, a voice greeting will answer saying "please enter the number of the employee you wish to hear, or press 5 to speak to our receptionist!"

That is straightforward.

So is someone calls 111,222,1234, and enters employee #44, they hear his voice greeting. Then, an option "if you want to hire me, press 5 to speak to our receptionist"

Can this software do that, with the capability of about 10 employees, each will have their own voice greeting, their own code to hear their greeting.

Also, if the lines are very busy, will the software only take 1 call at a time, or can it handle multiple ppl calling in at once? I onlyhave one main ph # and call waiting.

Sorry for the long post, I am very new to this type of system and have a hard time explaining what I want. thanks!

Simply make an OGM for each of the employees, then have each OGM do whatever you do.About the busy lines, if you only have one line, that's how many ppl at once you can get IVM to handle. Call waiting doesn't make any difference, since the line will be taken by IVM to answer the original call

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Can an existing user help me understand IVM's capabilities. We'd like to connect a computer to our one incoming phone line and have the computer answer the phone, inform the caller what extension to dial to leave a message, record the message and then send out an email to the individual employee with an audio file with the message. It seems that IVM by NCH can do this. My confusion comes from ads that say the software is $40 and can handle unlimited mailboxes (we need 12) which conflict with information on the manufacturers website that suggest to do more that one mailbox costs $100s of dollars... at $40 it is a now brainer NCH wins hands down... at $200 there are other alternatives... can someone who has used the system with more that one mailbox let me know if I need some fancy version .. or if the $39.95 version is sufficient.

Thanks,

Doc