Conversion for DVD player

I converted an AVI file to MPEG2 and then burned it onto a dvd+r disk using CDburnerXP so that I could view it on my TV using a regulare DVD player. I tested the MPEG2 file in Prism using the test play option and it seemed fine, but when I put the dvd in the player it says "no video data" and "no audio data". Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I got Prism specifically so I could convert some AVI files over and watch them on my TV instead of having to watch them on my computer screen. I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks,

Mark

• 1 year later...

I converted an AVI file to MPEG2 and then burned it onto a dvd+r disk using CDburnerXP so that I could view it on my TV using a regulare DVD player. I tested the MPEG2 file in Prism using the test play option and it seemed fine, but when I put the dvd in the player it says "no video data" and "no audio data". Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I got Prism specifically so I could convert some AVI files over and watch them on my TV instead of having to watch them on my computer screen. I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi, not all dvd players will play copied data disc's,mines a Panasonic and i dont have any probs but my mum and 3 of my friends dvd player said "No disc detected" so have had to buy an Asda dvd player for £13 and it works a treat plays them all now.So this maybe what you need to do :-)