VRS and Synway 2-port USB on Vista

kentiler

Hi,

I purchased a 2-port USB Synway recording device and it took about 4 months to get it recognized and working properly on my vista system. They have a test application that shows communication is working properly.

I downloaded and ran the VRS trial, but I'm not sure it's finding the device, and I can't find any instructions that take me through configuring it specifically with one of these 2-line USB adapters.

Can anyone help? I saw from the site that Vista isn't support now (It wasn't listed like that when I purchased it).

Thanks!

--Kent

• 3 weeks later...
Guest N.C.H a.n

Hi,

I purchased a 2-port USB Synway recording device and it took about 4 months to get it recognized and working properly on my vista system. They have a test application that shows communication is working properly.

I downloaded and ran the VRS trial, but I'm not sure it's finding the device, and I can't find any instructions that take me through configuring it specifically with one of these 2-line USB adapters.

Can anyone help? I saw from the site that Vista isn't support now (It wasn't listed like that when I purchased it).

Thanks!

--Kent

Hi,

When you install the driver for the device, make sure you do not change the location that the driver is being installed to. Leave this as the default. If the driver location is changed then VRS will not be able to detect the lines.

Once the driver is installed to the default location,

open VRS and click options -> Channels tab -> Add, then in the recording device list, you should have cahta devices listed for recording from.