How to Compact database and reclaim disk space?

spongebob

Our Delegate database is close to 1gb in size. Over the past few months we have deleted a lot of data via the delegate web interface. How do I reclaim the space on the drive? I have thought about creating a new db and transferring the data over via options menu. Alternative is running sqlite3 and running a sql "vacuum" command. What is the recommended way to reclaim the lost space?

Our Delegate database is close to 1gb in size. Over the past few months we have deleted a lot of data via the delegate web interface. How do I reclaim the space on the drive? I have thought about creating a new db and transferring the data over via options menu. Alternative is running sqlite3 and running a sql "vacuum" command. What is the recommended way to reclaim the lost space?

Delegate doesn't have a way to compress the active database (use the "Send Improvement Suggestion or Feedback" menu item to put an official request in if you'd like to see that), so the "Copy data to new database" button is probably your best bet, if you have the space.

The SQLite method might work, but I wouldn't recommend it.