Invoice Item description

GrahamW

Can we have the item list pop up like it did in 2.16 so we can add a few lines to a description, at the moment it is very limited.

It appears to be everytime something else is either fixed or added onto some part in the software that was working fine also get broken when there was no need to change it.

This one is a real frustrating issue because if I add a labour charge and try and typ in what I have done I have to have about 4 or 5 entries and it looks stupid.

Graham

Guest nchmw

Graham

I'll talk to the developers about it. You may have noticed that when you click "create invoice" it opens up full screen now (which you can adjust) and we thought that a complete line would be more than enough space to write the item description.

Michael

Graham

I'll talk to the developers about it. You may have noticed that when you click "create invoice" it opens up full screen now (which you can adjust) and we thought that a complete line would be more than enough space to write the item description.

Michael

Thanks Michael, much appreciated. It would be good if you had it back like in 2.16 where you can press enter at the end of a line if you want so you can show the description of things a little more tidier. Also if you look at 2.16 if you wanted to add an item you could see the code and description together and now in 2.18 if you add a item by code sometimes it is hard to know the exact one you want if you have similar codes becase there is no way to view them both together anymore.

Graham

i have so far, 10 codes all similar. ash1, ash2, ash1_6 for different reasons.

I am using 2.14 for several of the reasons mentioned here.

Descriptions in 2.14 are able to be unlimited depth. (i use around 7 lines under the main descriptor)

for example:

ash1 Single space ad - 3months

Kardohelyes - main st

Muggs - Jefferson Mainst

and so on. between 4-10 in depth.

2.16 shorted that to around 4 or 5....

2.18 is on one line??

Discount option i use extensively. 2.14 is perfect for this as well. The discount column in the 2.16 and 2.18 is very unprofessional looking.

the ADD item in 2.18 is very awkward

I do line the new setup for invoice list that shows open/paid. before had to guess or use the unpaid list, then remember it to go back...(course in 2.14 i dont get this yet!)

BUG: 2.14, 2.16 AND 2.18 all tested. Saving or emailing, the PDF conversion has an error.

the description OVERWRITES the first line in all these versions. (tried changing adobe as well, from version 8.1.6 to version 9.0 to 9.1 all have same bug)

I am glad i bought the program. Just wish the new addons wouldn't change the things i like.

Thanks for reading my rants :)

giantkin

giantkin @ giantkin . com