TROUBLE WITH MY BT HOMEHUB

RUDILOOPS

I like to think that im pretty good with a pc, But when it has come to this streaming audio game im lost!!

this seems to be the problem for alot of people aswell as me!

I dont know what im doing wrong as it seems to be very straight forward!!

Im using the free download on my website and have added the link to advertise broadwave everything works fine on my home network (streaming from laptop in one room and listening on another pc).

But still i cant broadcast to no one in the outside world!

Im connected to a bt homehub and not a router,but i do get this message when i look at the page that tells you about the links that you use and about adding the advert to carry on using the free download

(Because your computer is on a private network you must setup your router and enter the known host details for the links to work properly from a public IP.)

What do i have to do to resolve matter and get streaming my radio station (live or recorded)????

Do i have to buy the full version to make this work or is the free download all that i need? <_<

I hope that somebody can point me in the right direction as a little help is needed i think

cheers..........

rudiloops

Hi Rudiloops, Welcome to the forum.

You can stream externally withe the free vesion, but you will need to configure the Homehub to do "port forwarding". The Homehub is just another ADSL router. I don't use one myself, but the principle is the same.

You need to log in to the router's management functions, and tell it that when it receives incoming requests on port 88 (or whatever other port number you have configured in Broadwave), that it should send that request to a specific internal IP address.

Some routers call it Port Forwarding, with others you set up a "custom service" and then set up a Firewall Rule for incomning requests for that service to be directed to a specific device or internal IP address.

You will probably also have to set up a fixed IP address for the internal PC which runs Broadwave.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Rudiloops, Welcome to the forum.

You can stream externally withe the free vesion, but you will need to configure the Homehub to do "port forwarding". The Homehub is just another ADSL router. I don't use one myself, but the principle is the same.

You need to log in to the router's management functions, and tell it that when it receives incoming requests on port 88 (or whatever other port number you have configured in Broadwave), that it should send that request to a specific internal IP address.

Some routers call it Port Forwarding, with others you set up a "custom service" and then set up a Firewall Rule for incomning requests for that service to be directed to a specific device or internal IP address.

You will probably also have to set up a fixed IP address for the internal PC which runs Broadwave.

Thanks Kena

I changed my braodband package and all is well,

The only problem is that the sound is terrible,it is a bit crackley!!!

I might have to buy a soundcard as it a bit of an old pc that im streaming from!

cheers for the advise!!!!!

rudi