Sound Tap 1.41 for Mac Problems with Output Device

salvationsoldier

Hello:

I just downloaded Sound Tap 1.41 for Mac OS X today after coming across Switch when looking to convert some .wma files to .mp3. I'm having an issue with the output control option. In order for Sound Tap to record streaming audio from the internet, I have to select Sound Tap as the output device in my system preferences. The problem is when I do this, yes Sound Tap says it's recording, but I can't hear any audio being played from the Internet and when I listen to the file, all I get is weird noise instead of actual audio. I do have the listen while recording option selected, but this doesn't make any difference. The only way I can hear the audio on my Mac is to select the built-in output (internal speakers) as my output device. But then when I click on start recording, Sound Tap doesn't actually record any audio. So, right now I'm very frustrated because it appears that "I'm danged if I do, and danged if I don't" (pardon the cliche). I should also mention that when I select Sound Tap as the output device, it comes up with a warning box that this device contains no output controls. I'm not sure what that means.

I have long been looking for a free program that can record internet radio stations. I can't afford to purchase the full version, but the website said the free version should do what I'm looking for it to do. Yet, it's not. Can anyone help me please?

Thanks,

Corey

P.S. I'm running the latest version of Leopard (OS X 10.5.7) in case that matters.

• 3 months later...

Hello:

I just downloaded Sound Tap 1.41 for Mac OS X today after coming across Switch when looking to convert some .wma files to .mp3. I'm having an issue with the output control option. In order for Sound Tap to record streaming audio from the internet, I have to select Sound Tap as the output device in my system preferences. The problem is when I do this, yes Sound Tap says it's recording, but I can't hear any audio being played from the Internet and when I listen to the file, all I get is weird noise instead of actual audio. I do have the listen while recording option selected, but this doesn't make any difference. The only way I can hear the audio on my Mac is to select the built-in output (internal speakers) as my output device. But then when I click on start recording, Sound Tap doesn't actually record any audio. So, right now I'm very frustrated because it appears that "I'm danged if I do, and danged if I don't" (pardon the cliche). I should also mention that when I select Sound Tap as the output device, it comes up with a warning box that this device contains no output controls. I'm not sure what that means.

I have long been looking for a free program that can record internet radio stations. I can't afford to purchase the full version, but the website said the free version should do what I'm looking for it to do. Yet, it's not. Can anyone help me please?

Thanks,

Corey

P.S. I'm running the latest version of Leopard (OS X 10.5.7) in case that matters.

I got Soundtap to work with the free version so went ahead and purchased it. I have a mac 10.5.8. Now it intermittently works. I have all the problems you mentioned . Even if I use the same settings I will sometimes get a crystal clear recording or nothing. I get noise if soundtap is set as output device. I have noticed that if I get a crystal clear recording then it's when I can not listen to it as it won't allow this . This is even if the 'listen whilst recording ' box is ticked.