Wavepad sound editor 4.22

lynx

Hi I have a licensed version of wavepad and every time I try to load a .wav file it only loads the the first part of the file and I cannot load the whole file. This first part plays ok but of course this is only the part of the soung.

Any help gratefully received

Lynx

Hi I down loaded the 4.23 & it is the 4.22 . It is the 4.22 version at each location I tried to update??

There was nothing changed on that file it still even says "4.22" while installing it.

upgrade to 4.23 and let me know if this fixes the problem. 4.23 quickly followed 4.22 as a bug fix.

Guest nchaj

Ive spoken to the Dev, he actually thinks that the version you are downloading is 4.23 just numbered wrong. In any case you will be the one to prove/disprove that theory - but we are onto it!

thanks for the heads up - will post here when its fixed

Ive spoken to the Dev, he actually thinks that the version you are downloading is 4.23 just numbered wrong. In any case you will be the one to prove/disprove that theory - but we are onto it!

thanks for the heads up - will post here when its fixed

4.23 just "numbered wrong" & I will have to prove or disprove? oh ok

kinda like a "Jane1" & a "Jane2" which is the real one? .. little too scientific for me.. lol jk kinda....

well when they get the #'s figured out let me know so I can update for reference. thanks cut

Guest nchaj

"4.23 just "numbered wrong" & I will have to prove or disprove? oh ok "

What I'm trying to say is the Developer tells me you are downloading the right one - but if the bugs are still there then this statement is incorrect. We intend on getting it fixed sooner than it becoming a big issue

okes, you can download 4.24 from here

Any issues let me know

Hi I am current (4.24) thanks also I commend the programmer for fixing the wavepad so that it could be reduced to minimal.

before when I recorded I could not reduce it to the task bar now I can ! GOOD! before it clouded my desktop availability

There are still issues with the highlight function , after highlighting it goes back a bit before the highlight & plays , on the second click it starts at the highlight.

The program has only frozen once in numerous cleanings thanks "cut"

Guest nchaj

Hi Cut

the highlight function is there on purpose. There is an option in the playback tab to 'automatically playback after any edit or effect' and if this is ticked you will get that 'pre-roll' effect on the first playback so you can hear the effect. The reason it doesn't pre-roll on the second or subsequent plays is because the effect function is finished.

Hi I am current (4.24) thanks also I commend the programmer for fixing the wavepad so that it could be reduced to minimal.

before when I recorded I could not reduce it to the task bar now I can ! GOOD! before it clouded my desktop availability

There are still issues with the highlight function , after highlighting it goes back a bit before the highlight & plays , on the second click it starts at the highlight.

The program has only frozen once in numerous cleanings thanks "cut"

Yeah to be able to minimize is good.

My work around was to have my other stuff opened and minimized, then when it was working,

I'd just clik the minimized new one which would just overlay on top of wavepad...

I'm still looking for color options ans an option for the orange bar that keeps it all centered.

It's a good idea, but not always useful, a toolbar switch would make it perfect!!!! [ I use it on a laptop with a 12 in screen ]