Unrecognized VEC USB pedals

Guest Pamela Gould

Guest Pamela Gould

I recently installed and downloaded Express Scribe for VEC USB foot pedal, but my computer is not recognizing the pedal. I know my USB port is operational because I tested it with an external zip drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
I recently installed and downloaded Express Scribe for VEC USB foot pedal, but my computer is not recognizing the pedal.  I know my USB port is operational because I tested it with an external zip drive.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just downloaded Express Scribe and also cannot get the foot pedal recognized by the software ... If you find an answer, I'd love to hear the answer .... The foot pedal (Infinity IN-USB-1, VEC USB) tries to install every time I load Express Scribe ... Thanks (sfbearman@yahoo.com)

My foot pedal does not work with USB port and does not recognize it (VEC). I have installed, uninstalled and re-installed the software and Express Scribe numerous times to no avail. My work is piling up and I need help ASAP. If anyone has figured out this problem please let me know!

I recently installed and downloaded Express Scribe for VEC USB foot pedal, but my computer is not recognizing the pedal.  I know my USB port is operational because I tested it with an external zip drive.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am sorry I cannot help you. I am waiting on my pedal to be delivered. How long did it take you approximately to receive yours?

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you find a solution to this? I am having the same problem. I see several posts for this problem, but no one posts a solution.

Anyone out there with answers - PLEASE HELP !!

Thanks ya'll

Did you find a solution to this?  I am having the same problem.  I see several posts for this problem, but no one posts a solution. 

Anyone out there with answers - PLEASE HELP !!

Thanks ya'll

• 4 months later...

I've downloaded the VEC USB driver, installed it, but still the computer won't recognize the VEC foot pedal. The pedal itself definitely works-- I tested it on a Mac running OS Tiger and it worked fine. Just won't run on our Gateway AMD PC with Windows ME installed.... any suggestions? I tried to reinstall the Windows USB drivers too, but no luck there either...

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
I've downloaded the VEC USB driver, installed it, but still the computer won't recognize the VEC foot pedal.  The pedal itself definitely works-- I tested it on a Mac running OS Tiger and it worked fine.  Just won't run on our Gateway AMD PC with Windows ME installed.... any suggestions?  I tried to reinstall the Windows USB drivers too, but no luck there either...

Thanks!

I had this problem with one of our systems here. Have you verified that the petals are not installed and you hava good clean boot when you install the software? I found that if I had the petals plugged in when I installed the driver it would not work.

• 5 months later...

I had a similar problem when I got my VEC Foot Pedal.

Run Express Scribe, Select Settings, Select Control.

Select the check box by "Use Foot Pedal Playback Control"

Select "VEC Pedals USB" from the Port dropdown and then "3 Pedals" from the No. dropdown.

Select the "Foot Pedal Control Setup Wizard"

It will ask you to select the Rewind Pedal, then the Fast Forward Pedal then the Play pedal.

It should work after that.