Foot Pedal Virus using VEC

rkelseyca

When I try to use the foot pedal setup wizard (I am using the VEC Infinity option) my virus program keeps warning me about a virus and blocking it. It was working fine all along and then just yesterday when I looked at my computer, there was a warning of a malicious code in piehid.dll which is part of Express Scribe. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program but keep getting it. Anybody else have this problem. I am using Windows XP. Thanks.

YES I am having this same problem and I can't use my Infinity foot pedal at all. It started yesterday, just like your problem did. I did the same thing, uninstalled and reinstalled, same program, too Windows XP. I hope someone can help us with this. It's interfering with my work.

When I try to use the foot pedal setup wizard (I am using the VEC Infinity option) my virus program keeps warning me about a virus and blocking it. It was working fine all along and then just yesterday when I looked at my computer, there was a warning of a malicious code in piehid.dll which is part of Express Scribe. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program but keep getting it. Anybody else have this problem. I am using Windows XP. Thanks.

I just got this message back from my school:

The program itself is safe but for some reason that particular file has been tagged by some Anti-Virus programs that find the file to be malicious software. If you have the ability to have your anti-virus ignore this file, that is your best option.

YES I am having this same problem and I can't use my Infinity foot pedal at all. It started yesterday, just like your problem did. I did the same thing, uninstalled and reinstalled, same program, too Windows XP. I hope someone can help us with this. It's interfering with my work.

Thank you very much for your reply. I tried it again today and it still doesn't let me use my foot pedal. I'm not sure how to get my anti-virus program to ignore it. I have Verizon Fios Security Suite.

I just got this message back from my school:

The program itself is safe but for some reason that particular file has been tagged by some Anti-Virus programs that find the file to be malicious software. If you have the ability to have your anti-virus ignore this file, that is your best option.

I'm still having trouble with mine. I did everything tech support suggested but it still keeps coming back. Arggh

Thank you very much for your reply. I tried it again today and it still doesn't let me use my foot pedal. I'm not sure how to get my anti-virus program to ignore it. I have Verizon Fios Security Suite.