separate in/out accounts

sipy

Can I register my sipgate.com account for incomming and my VoipDiscount account for outgoing calls in the free version of Express Talk?

Come on folks, it should be an easy question. There are many visitors browsing the forum, but very little interaction. If the basic functions are not provided, maybe some kind users could leave suggestions for other softphone clients on their way out the door. How does 3cx compare?

I think you can do this, although I haven't actually tested.

Express Talk has support for multiple SIP accounts, I'm going to make an assumption here and say that Express Talk probably uses the first account to make outgoing calls (and subsequent accounts if the first one fails).

Under this assumption, if you have your outgoing provider on account 1 and your incoming provider on account 2, you should receive all incoming calls from account 2 and be able to make outgoing calls on line 1.

Note: Let me re-iterate that I have not tested this, Express Talk may have different behavior. I'm just saying if I was the programmer, that is how I would set Express Talk up.

Thanks Python,

I will have to try that out. Don't the providers sometimes use different server addresses for in/out calling? It seems intuitive that one would just list the desired in/out registration information on one form (line?). Anyway, I guess it won't hurt to register "both sides of both accounts" in case one later purchases more services from the providers.

I tried to register the sipgate account to no avail. There is some symmetric NAT or router problem. How do I correct this? It is a roomate's router, and I am sure it is a common brand-name device.

Then, will someone please post specific settings for accounts at Sipgate.com and VoipDiscount.

Tried upnp, STUN, static IP. Messed up STUN servers.

"If you want to reset all the information in this tab back to its default values, click the "Restore Default Network Settings" button."

There is no button.

Someone at netgear mumbled to use static IP. I found the address and typed it in.

Please help!

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like you need to set-up port forwarding using the router's web configuration utility. The router's firewall is likely blocking some of the ports Express Talk is trying to use to communicate and this can cause several different problems including failure to identify public IP address, failure to achieve two-way audio, poor quality/crackling audio, etc.