help

chris0016

how do i remove the sound from my video, i have recorded my sound though a mix and would like that to be the sound for the vid. but every time i build, the sound from the vid is still there help me please or i will have to try and find another program.

Look in the lower left hand corner of the window for a row of icons next to each audio track, one icon is the profile of a speaker, click on it and it will have a red slash over it meaning its muted. Works for me at least.

• 2 months later...

When I first played with VideoPad, I wasn't able to mute the original audio track. If you look in the lower-left corner, there's a section called 'Audio Track' and to the right of that is a squiggly line representing the audio track that came with my original video clip. If I right-click the squiggly line, I can choose to 'Unlink Sound Clip(s)' and it moves that audio down to the row for 'Soundtrack 1'. Then I can right-click the squiggly line in 'Soundtrack 1' and delete it by choose 'Remove selected clip(s)'

Yesterday I 'unlinked' the sound from a clip, and then when I deleted the video the sound went with it! I was kinda expecting the sound to remain... I ended up moving the sound to a new track, shifted it sideways, changed the length of the video, then it managed to delete the video and it left me the sound behind. I didn't investigate further just which one of those steps was actually required :D