Does IVR 4.02 have problem with PBXs?

karmarule

Hello, we have internal lines in our company. I connect my pc with IVR installed to our to an internal line and when I want to test if it works fine it doesn't even ring! and it cant understand ringing (IVR). but when I connect it to a free line it works fine. I dont really understand whats the difference between these two lines of course it has got some points but...dont really know how does this happen? it works with free lines fine, but its not working with our internal lines. please just let me know what could be the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Morteza

:)

By 'free lines', do you mean a physical line or a virtual (VoIP) line.

If you are using the same exact modem or voice board and you experience different results when you use your Internal extension line versus an external landline, this would probably indicate one of two things:

Either

1) The internal line is not properly set-up to ring for incoming calls as you are expecting it to be

or

2) The internal PBX line is using some kind of proprietary ring method, or is using some kind of telephone standard that the modem/voice board does not support. Analog systems can use several different methods to signal an event, they can for example reverse the polarity of the electrical current on the line, or they can send tones down the line, or they can vary the voltage that is sent across the wiring. If for example your PBX chooses to reverse the polarity to signal the ring when your modem is expecting a voltage increase, that could be the source of the problem. It's also possible the PBX is using the right signalling method, but it does not meet the detection range of the modem/voice board. For example, perhaps the modem expects a 80-85 volt spike to indicate a ring event, but your PBX is only sending 50 volts down the line, which is outside the detection range.

By 'free lines', do you mean a physical line or a virtual (VoIP) line.

If you are using the same exact modem or voice board and you experience different results when you use your Internal extension line versus an external landline, this would probably indicate one of two things:

Either

1) The internal line is not properly set-up to ring for incoming calls as you are expecting it to be

or

2) The internal PBX line is using some kind of proprietary ring method, or is using some kind of telephone standard that the modem/voice board does not support. Analog systems can use several different methods to signal an event, they can for example reverse the polarity of the electrical current on the line, or they can send tones down the line, or they can vary the voltage that is sent across the wiring. If for example your PBX chooses to reverse the polarity to signal the ring when your modem is expecting a voltage increase, that could be the source of the problem. It's also possible the PBX is using the right signalling method, but it does not meet the detection range of the modem/voice board. For example, perhaps the modem expects a 80-85 volt spike to indicate a ring event, but your PBX is only sending 50 volts down the line, which is outside the detection range.

I made an incoming connection in windows to see if it ansewrs calls coming from my pbx or not. but I saw it answers calls from the pbx. this may show that the problem is not my pbx, because windows incoming connection answers pbx calls, then it would be the software's fault. in short IVM do not answers calls from pbx but windows incoming connection does that. what about this?