changing channels

Patita

Hi

I've searched this topic and found that two people asked the same question last September but no responses have been posted.

I've just switched to Express Scribe (I have version 4.33) from "The Record Player" from "For the Record." I'm used to being able to use hot keys to switch among channels (Ctr-1, Ctr-2 etc. to switch to channel 1, 2, etc.). The only way I can see to switch among channels on Express Scribe is the "Channels Control" window and it seems as though the only way to do it is by using the mouse. I checked the "Hot Key Setup" feature but I don't see any way to set up hot keys for switching channels.

Using the mouse is quite inconvenient and slow. Have I missed something or is that really the only way to switch among channels? Aside from this apparent flaw, I think I would prefer using Express Scribe to The Record Player, but for me this is a major shortcoming in Express Scribe.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Patita

• 3 months later...

Hi

I've searched this topic and found that two people asked the same question last September but no responses have been posted.

I've just switched to Express Scribe (I have version 4.33) from "The Record Player" from "For the Record." I'm used to being able to use hot keys to switch among channels (Ctr-1, Ctr-2 etc. to switch to channel 1, 2, etc.). The only way I can see to switch among channels on Express Scribe is the "Channels Control" window and it seems as though the only way to do it is by using the mouse. I checked the "Hot Key Setup" feature but I don't see any way to set up hot keys for switching channels.

Using the mouse is quite inconvenient and slow. Have I missed something or is that really the only way to switch among channels? Aside from this apparent flaw, I think I would prefer using Express Scribe to The Record Player, but for me this is a major shortcoming in Express Scribe.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Patita

Did you ever find an answer? I have the same problem and it is driving me batty!

• 13 years later...

They never answer here and request that you fill out a help request form.  That's somewhere on their website too, but good luck with that.  I have been waiting a year asking for a fix for why those buttons appear all gray no matter if on or off in Windows 11.   Windows just did an update (10/26/22) that apparently fixed it!   Woo hoo!  Anyway, I do not know of any hotkeys for channels.   I've been using it for several years and just got used to using the mouse as I don't need to change those too often.  Sorry if you do.