Channel Recording Problem?

WPinit

Hello I have VRS Recording System and have an issue with trying to get it to record 4 channels. I have bought http://www.altoedge.com/soundcards/index.html#AUDSCM4

4 In/4 Out Audio Card with MIDI and Digital I/O. Just for testing I have two VCR’s hook up and running different video types. When I plug in the audio to one jack it picks up on one channel, when I put it in to another jack it picks up on all the channels. But I can only pick up one audio source at one time. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

WPinit

• 11 months later...
Guest N_C_H_JT

Hello I have VRS Recording System and have an issue with trying to get it to record 4 channels. I have bought http://www.altoedge.com/soundcards/index.html#AUDSCM4

4 In/4 Out Audio Card with MIDI and Digital I/O. Just for testing I have two VCR’s hook up and running different video types. When I plug in the audio to one jack it picks up on one channel, when I put it in to another jack it picks up on all the channels. But I can only pick up one audio source at one time. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

WPinit

Hi WPinit,

Generally, when you set up a sound card with multiple inputs you will have several new recording devices appear on you machine. From VRS if you open the Options dialog and go to the Channels tab you should have 4 separate channels if it is set up correctly (one for each channel on the device). For each of the channels you will need to open the Channel Properties and in the Device Properties tab you will need to select the correct Record Device (Usually these are numbered for multi-channel devices). If you have multiple channels configured to "[Default Sound In]" they will all pick up one channel. This is most often the first channel on the device and sounds like what you may be describing, but some devices will also detect when an audio source is attached to an input channel and update the default device as well.

Regards,

Jason T.

• 9 months later...