playing files on xbox 360

thulbs05

Hi,

I am a complete beginner on these matters, i was wondering if anybody can help me.

I have converted my movie collection from the hard drive on my pc and want to play these films through my xbox 360 on my 42" plasma. Could somebody tell me what size I need to resize the picture to for it to fill the whole screen when playing back? Also what is the best output format for quality?

Also how do I make the file so it plays the whole movie rather than just sections?

Any help will be greatly recieved.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest N.C.H a.n
Hi,

I am a complete beginner on these matters, i was wondering if anybody can help me.

I have converted my movie collection from the hard drive on my pc and want to play these films through my xbox 360 on my 42" plasma. Could somebody tell me what size I need to resize the picture to for it to fill the whole screen when playing back? Also what is the best output format for quality?

Also how do I make the file so it plays the whole movie rather than just sections?

Any help will be greatly recieved.

Thank you.

Hi,

If you already have the movies downloaded onto your computer, then the quality will only ever be as good as the quality of the files you have now. Eg: its easy to make a video lesser in quality, but its much harder to improve it.

Without getting too technical, the easiest way to get your movies from the computer onto the Xbox would be to burn them to a dvd.

Using Express Burn you can burn most video files onto a Video DVD that will play in the xbox 360.

Otherwise you can use windows media player 11 to stream the files to the XBOX. though the xbox will need to connect to the network to do this, and the file type will need to be a correct format that the XBOX can play. There are many other things to do in this setup, but it save you buying dvd's and waiting for them to burn all the time. You should be able to find instructions on how to set this situation up by googling it.

There are heaps of pages that show you how to do it.

Thankyou