Outgoing Audio no longer playing

Jmarkland

The trial version worked beautifully for a week or so.

So happy with its performance were we, that we gladly payed the (overly large IMO) fee to register it when it requested. Then the trouble started. It now implies that everything is working fine when using the SIMULATOR, but when a call comes, it skips(doesn't) playing the audio OGM. What should be a 25 second message is skipped over in a second or less (according to the log). It pauses/repeats this process as per the settings, but still doesn't play any sound over the telephone.

It is still able to record and respond to DTMF, but very few callers ASSUME that silence (without beep or anything) means it's time to leave a message. I've adjusted every setting I could think of.

NO AUDIO OUT works - not even synthesized voices. If I switch the 'play device' to the 'modem #5 line playback'(the only other option), it fails just like it does for a real call - but once again, these were not the settings that were used when it was successful before being registered/activated.

I must emphasize that IT WORKED FINE for more than a week. No (non-IVM) settings, updates, drivers, hardware, or software were updated or changed during this time. Our old "Ring central" still works fine (If you can call what RC does "working"), as a straight answering machine. EVEN THOUGH I'm using a Voice Modem ('gasp' God forbid), I don't understand why it would stop working once I've thrown money at them...And yes, the modem sure as heck is TAPI complient.

I've seen numerous similar (and one near IDENTICAL) post in this forum, but nobody seems to submit their solution.....

My head hurts from banging it on the wall from this.

Info:

Hardware

CPU: P4 531 3ghz

Memory: 1GB

Modem: USR 56K Voice PCI (3COM 2976OEM to be specific) - Using serial.sys and modem.sys drivers

Software:

O/S: WinXP Pro (2002) SP3

IVM: 4.22 (Small Interactive System IIRC)

I'll post the log file of the test I just ran with the topic title "NO OGM LOG", which should be immediately above this message.

If needed, I'll also post the contents of any .INF files for trouble shooting.

Thanks for you time,

Mark D.