Data Entry

Guest Alan

I have worked with a number of these applications over the years, yours is great.

I was able to get an entire office of 10 people (7 of them remote locations) built up in little more then a few hours. But I am having 1 problem.... understanding the logistical flow of the Data Entry feature. I have a Data Entry OGM to enable callers to emter a 3 digit extension, and then get to transfered to another OGM (to offer distribution choice) or mailbox depending on the individual's circumstances. It appears to me that I have to establish an association between the extension number for each employee and the OGM or mailbox I want them directed to. I believe this is referred to as a "variable name"? Herein lies my confusion. How and where do I set up this tab delimited file? What is the format? Do you have any samples I could use as a template? I've reviewed the manual and I just don't get it.

Thanks.

I have worked with a number of these applications over the years, yours is great.

I was able to get an entire office of 10 people (7 of them remote locations) built up in little more then a few hours. But I am having 1 problem.... understanding the logistical flow of the Data Entry feature. I have a Data Entry OGM to enable callers to emter a 3 digit extension, and then get to transfered to another OGM (to offer distribution choice) or mailbox depending on the individual's circumstances. It appears to me that I have to establish an association between the extension number for each employee and the OGM or mailbox I want them directed to. I believe this is referred to as a "variable name"? Herein lies my confusion. How and where do I set up this tab delimited file? What is the format? Do you have any samples I could use as a template? I've reviewed the manual and I just don't get it.

Thanks.

I am not sure that I understand what your problem is but perhaps the following suggestions will help.

~ The data entered is given a variable name in the OGM - eg "number" . This variable can be used later in the IVM as %number%.

~ For example you might be able to use %number% as the number in the call transfer window.

~ You might be able to use %number% as the name of a mailbox in the leave message .. menu item .

~ Have a look in the example on our website for 0 - 1000 mailboxes.

~ Always test your setup using the call simulator and view the consequence of a change by opening the system log ( in file//view or print logs) after ever change.

Roy

Variable names are entered on the Key Response Tab of the OGM. Select "Data Entry (Variable) button and the menu will change to allow you to enter variables. Type in the variable name that you want in the field call Variable Name. When referring to the variable in later OGMs refer to it with percent signs (%) on each side (i.e. %variable name%).

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

• 5 months later...
Guest Markus

Thanks.

I will have to second the confusion as far as the extension working with the variable name. I have more names that I need to add to the company’s directory menu as there are more than eight names on this list now. I've chosen to upgrade to 3 digit extension numbers, however, I'm confused as to how to create a phone number to be transferred to once the caller has dialed this 3 digit extension number. I have all employees working at home, offsite and away from the IVM. It would be nice to be able to figure this out, however I've been over and over the manual as well and simply cannot find this feature out either. I have, however, figured out how to allow callers to dial into the system and type in a 4 digit mailbox number and allow them to leave a message for that user.

The mailbox setup is so easy and simple. It would be nice to have more access control. Maybe if the mailboxes had mailbox numbers, that are associated with a person name or dept. and a separate password that was assigned to each mailbox and the option for the caller to change their own password within the mailbox. Also, if the option for the caller to be able to input a pager number in for message notification for the caller would be nice as well.

Another feature that I thought would be nice, would be to totally allow us (the programmer of the system/system administrator), the ability to choose which telephone buttons would allow for the message to be saved, deleted, sent, disconnect, re-record, etc... This would be very nice.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...