Answer on VOIP - call dies on DTMF Tone

Guest Antony Panteli

Guest Antony Panteli

Hi, I have IVM answering a VOIP line provided by sipgate.co.uk. The system answers an incoming call fine, but as soon as the caller pushes any button on their telephone keypad, they are immediately cut off (they receive a dead tone on their handset), although IVM still keeps running.

Has anyone else come across this - I do not believe that it is a problem with the IVM software.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Michael Hein
Have you updated to the latest version. Various problems with DTMF detection have been fixed recently.

I am experiencing the same problem using sipgate.co.uk

Had a thought that the UK DTs are different to US and elsewhere ? Maybe IVM thinks this is the phone being hung up.

Then I thought perhaps it's to do with my audio settings.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone overcome this problem with dtmf tones cutting caller off.

I too use Sipgate.co.uk and am testing IVM 3.03.

Fred

I think it must be the IVM program that is causing this problem. Maybe something to do with the DTMF tones that it recognises. There must be a difference in UK DTMF tones and US ones

I have also been using Express Talk from this company and when I call a voicemail system with that software the DTMF tones it produces are not recognised by the voicemail system. When I use a service such as Skype to access the same voicemail system it works perfectly.

I will not be paying £80 for this software until it supports DTMF tones from the UK.

Fred

• 2 weeks later...
I think it must be the IVM program that is causing this problem. Maybe something to do with the DTMF tones that it recognises. There must be a difference in UK DTMF tones and US ones

I have also been using Express Talk from this company and when I call a voicemail system with that software the DTMF tones it produces are not recognised by the voicemail system. When I use a service such as Skype to access the same voicemail system it works perfectly.

I will not be paying £80 for this software until it supports DTMF tones from the UK.

Fred

I've had the same problem with sipgate

Try gradwell.co.uk

They have some decent solutions - including a well priced centrex option.

DTMF works fine with them.

Looking at the logs with sipgate... it would appear that it is indeed sipgate that has the problem with the dtmf tones.

If you call from a normal phone and then hang up - the ivm usually picks it up straight away.

If you call from a normal phone through a sipgate connection and use dtmf signalling the ivm doesn't realise that the call has been disconnected for some time!

Dont' think this one is nch's fault!

Adz

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Guest_Claudio_*

We used IVM with sipgate.de (germany), and we experienced the same problems. We noticed afterwards that the pstn-gateways at sipgate filtered all the dtmfs. So we tried another sip-provider and it worked.

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem using Express Talk soft phone, Axon, and IVM. I was using multiple IP address on my PC and it was trying to use the wrong IP to call the IVM server. Once I removed the extra IP addresses it handled everything correctly.