MP4 help needed

sylg

I have the Prism v1.27 on XP home

I can play this mp4 on my computer just fine, action and sound. I tried to convert to AVI and when it is finished, it starts out jerky then stops. I am new and do not understand the converter settings so have left them be as they are which worked with other formats when I got it. Looking through the options I see:

Edit Output:

(Check mark) resize video

(radio button) Shrink or enlarge video to the selected size

Width 724

Height 576

(I would like to be able to watch on my digital TV)

Frame rate grayed out but I can see 30.00

I had tried that MP4 converter mentioned above but it did not work for ma.

Any instruction will be greatly appreciated. This converter will have been a waste of money if I cannot use it properly.

Many thanks.. Syl

I too cannot convert mp4 to avi. I keep getting a message stating, "could not setup output file" and I do have full access to the folder that the output files are being saved.

I wish someone would jump in and give some instructions. I paid for the expensive version.

Thanks to anyone who can help. :-)

Syl

• 5 weeks later...
Guest N.C.H a.n
I wish someone would jump in and give some instructions. I paid for the expensive version.

Thanks to anyone who can help. :-)

Syl

Hi,

Please go into options, and tick the option on the conversion tab to "Use ffmpeg first". This will use the ffmpeg encoders rather than using the ones on your computer. so if you are currently having troubles, This option may fix them.

Thankyou