express talk and answer assistant

ctek

we want to run express talk and answer assistant. it seems that both are asking for a voip account.

so, if i want to make phone calls with voip account XY and in the same time, i want to have an answering machine, it seems that i need

to enter the same voip account login XY on both tools. but this is not possible with my voip account. only 1 device can login. if another

login is coming from another end device, the other is beeing logged out.

so, how can i run express talk for phone calls AND answer assistant as answering machine for the same voip account ?

It seems like you need some sort of PBX.

A PBX takes one VoIP account and shares it among multiple devices and system modules (such as Voicemail) by managing and routing calls as necessary.

Axon, another NCH product is capable of such tasks and works in combination with IVM to provide an answering machine.

Yeah the axon PBX is what you need. The free version gives you 10 free extensions and uses the Auto Attendant as well. I just set it up with my SIP provider and it works great. The problem I am now having is getting Express talk to connect to my PBX server over the internet. This way I can have 10 extension connected to the PBX anywhere in the US I want.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...
Guest N.C.H a.n
Yeah the axon PBX is what you need. The free version gives you 10 free extensions and uses the Auto Attendant as well. I just set it up with my SIP provider and it works great. The problem I am now having is getting Express talk to connect to my PBX server over the internet. This way I can have 10 extension connected to the PBX anywhere in the US I want.

Good luck!

Hi,

Getting remote registration to work is as easy as forwarding the ports in your router to the computer running axon.

Forward ports 5060 to 5080 and 8000 to 8020.

You don't need that many but it means you won't need any more in the future.

Now when i said easy it all depends on your router and firewalls on the computer. If the router is a linksys or something it will be a snap and usually work first go. If its something a bit cheaper, it may be a lot of trial and error.

But once you forward the ports, and allow access through the firewalls on the computer (if you have any) it will work by using the public IP address as the server address in express talk remote clients.

If you don't know your public IP it will list it in the axon log.

Or you can go to http://www.whatismyip.com

Thankyou