Genetik trojan in download?

joert

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure your virus scanner has triggered a false positive.

False positives are not uncommon, it just means that the programmers may be using a particular technique that has also been used in one or more viruses/trojans, it doesn't mean the program is malicious in anyway though, and you'll probably find that the same EXE passes on other scanners.

it just means that the programmers may be using a particular technique that has also been used in one or more viruses/trojans

Then there should be a note they are aware false positives have been found in some scanners and an assurance or guarantee the program is clean.

you'll probably find that the same EXE passes on other scanners

All that tells me is the other scanners may not catch as much. <_<

This is the first time I've had a false positive on any of the programs I use on that computer, if it is a false positive. In fact I very rarely get positives on the programs I download. When I do and e-mail support about it I've always received a response.

I sent a support request to NCH over a week ago and have received absolutely no reply. In doing a Google search I found this is not uncommon with IVM. I would have thought just to save the negative comments they'd address it somehow. So either there is a trojan in the program and they don't want to check it out or there is zero support from NCH. In any case this is reason enough for me to go elsewhere. I have already found an alternative. I'm really sorry I had to do this because I had used IVM for about four years and it worked great. But I like working with companies that are responsive to their customers. :(

But I like working with companies that are responsive to their customers.

Agreed. Sorry you had to go elsewhere.'

Also I thought I should add, some of the most innocent of programs have been flagged as false positives in the past. The best thing to do is to contact your Anti-Virus software provider and ask them to do further analysis on the program as it appears to be a false positve. Depending on the results from their analysis, they may make an exception rule to the program or if it indeed does have a virus, leave it on the definitions list.