software not working

provobis

I have the Adaptec PCI edition AVC-2410 capture card. this card comes with Intervideo WinDVR3 OEM software which can capture TV or composite audio/video and save to PC for viewing or burning to DVD/CD. The card and software partner and work well except for bugs which I cannot fix because WinDVR has discontinued support. This is why I need other software to replace WinDVR and I thought GoldenVideo would do this.

I have everything already set up with the PC and capture card and the "device" is recognized as well as signal detected when trying to record the VHS signal. However there is no preview or indication of recording in the record data window(s). Something goes into the selected save folder, about a few kb of data but when clicking on that file an error message comes up from M$.

What am I doing wrong, or is Goldenvideo not compatible with my Adaptec capture card?

Roger

Roger:

I have a Pinnacle USB510 Studio Movie Box connected to my VHS/VCR and the USB plugged into one of my 2 USB ports. I can see the preview, and the recording but have NO SOUND. I've tried absolutely every setting I can think of, including plugging the RCA cables (red, yellow and white) directly into my video card (NviaForce...something or other), but to no avail. Golden Videos recognizes my Pinnacle 510 box and all, and the picture clarity is far better than Pinnacle Studio 12, BUT not being able to get the sound from the video defeats my purposes. I have posted several times with basically the same problem you're having (although I do see the video on preview and record), but nothing anyone has suggested has helped.

I even paid for paid support, and still cannot get the problem resolved, so I've had no other recourse but to revert back to using Pinnacle Studio Plus 12 (do not download and install the update if you have Vista 64 bit).

Sorry I can't help you, but just wanted you to know that there are many of us out there, if you've read any of the other posts, that have the same or similar problems you are experiencing with no solution.

If there's some kind soul that can help him out, AND me, we'd both be in your debt, I'm sure.

Roger:

I have a Pinnacle USB510 Studio Movie Box connected to my VHS/VCR and the USB plugged into one of my 2 USB ports. I can see the preview, and the recording but have NO SOUND. I've tried absolutely every setting I can think of, including plugging the RCA cables (red, yellow and white) directly into my video card (NviaForce...something or other), but to no avail. Golden Videos recognizes my Pinnacle 510 box and all, and the picture clarity is far better than Pinnacle Studio 12, BUT not being able to get the sound from the video defeats my purposes. I have posted several times with basically the same problem you're having (although I do see the video on preview and record), but nothing anyone has suggested has helped.

I even paid for paid support, and still cannot get the problem resolved, so I've had no other recourse but to revert back to using Pinnacle Studio Plus 12 (do not download and install the update if you have Vista 64 bit).

Sorry I can't help you, but just wanted you to know that there are many of us out there, if you've read any of the other posts, that have the same or similar problems you are experiencing with no solution.

If there's some kind soul that can help him out, AND me, we'd both be in your debt, I'm sure.

LShaw1, I sympathize but have no solution except that the software simply does not do what it's supposed to...not a very good recommendation for NCH. So I have uninstalled GoldenVideos and all related software downloads from NCH and am looking somewhere else for something that works. Good luck to you too. :huh:

Roger:

LShaw1, I sympathize but have no solution except that the software simply does not do what it's supposed to...not a very good recommendation for NCH. So I have uninstalled GoldenVideos and all related software downloads from NCH and am looking somewhere else for something that works. I might add that the reply I got from tech support seemed clueless and not at all helpful. Good luck to you too. :rolleyes: