DialDictate 4.14 Not Sending Files

jeanb

We purchased and upgraded to DD 4.14 over the weekend to resolve the CallCentric dropped calls after 5 minutes. It DID resolve the dropped calls, however, we have another problem. It appears that randomly, when a dictator presses the Done and send button, the file compression never finishes and ALL jobs dictated after that job get "stuck." DD thinks it is still trying to compress and send that first file.

I have duplicated this behavior in both the upgraded installation on Windows XP and a fresh installation on a different machine with Vista. Same problem. If you exit DD and stop it completely, then when you restart it, all waiting files are sent successfully.

I have submitted a bug report with NCH, but if anyone reading this forum has experienced and solved this problem, please advise.

Jean B.

We purchased and upgraded to DD 4.14 over the weekend to resolve the CallCentric dropped calls after 5 minutes. It DID resolve the dropped calls, however, we have another problem. It appears that randomly, when a dictator presses the Done and send button, the file compression never finishes and ALL jobs dictated after that job get "stuck." DD thinks it is still trying to compress and send that first file.

I have duplicated this behavior in both the upgraded installation on Windows XP and a fresh installation on a different machine with Vista. Same problem. If you exit DD and stop it completely, then when you restart it, all waiting files are sent successfully.

I have submitted a bug report with NCH, but if anyone reading this forum has experienced and solved this problem, please advise.

Jean B.

We are also having the same problem, however, we purchased 4.14, so we don't have the option of regressing to an earlier version. A bug report hasn't been filed from us (as of yet), as we saw that you had submitted it.

T.F. Revor

After several hours of testing and debugging, it appears this behavior occurs when checking the box to "Skip done menu (don't let user save or delete dictations)." I tested this with just the trial installation with no change in prompts or menus other than on the Options->Options menu.

Now I am going to test it with my licensed installation and customized keypad and prompts, just leaving that box unchecked. I will confirm if this one option eliminates the bug or not.

This is an important option since we do not want our users to ever delete a dictation accidentally. For most medical dictation purposes, this must be turned off. I will submit another, more specific bug report to NCH directly.

Jean B.

This bug occurs when choosing the option to skip the done menu OR remapping any keys that skip the done menu:

Send Immediately

Send and Hangup

Send High Priority

We cannot even temporarily have our users use the done menu since it is hard-wired into the software and the option is 1 to send the dictation and 4 to DELETE and there is no fail-safe when deleting the dictation. It is far to easy to hit the 4 instead of the 1 and accidentally delete a dictation.

Can you imagine using this done menu with radiologists who would have to re-read a complicated MRI or angiography report, or a doctor who just dictated a 15-minute operative report?!!

Please, please, please, fix this bug ASAP in version 4.14! I have submitted a very specific bug report for this problem.

Thank you NCH,

Jean B.

Yes this is also affecting my new setup.

Win Server 2003 with vonage lines 100 Mb pipe DD4.14

I've been getting 0kb dictation files from server and it is happening randomly.

Dr. will start dictating and sends file we will have no problem but when they press any customized send or hangup Key sometimes we don’t get anything.

I can see the wav file in the user’s folder but when software converts to dct it becomes an empty file.

Had to retived lost dictation by undeleting wav files deep from hard drive.

Any suggestion on how to capture/copy wav files before being converted. Would like to add the extra redundancy to system.

• 2 weeks later...

This bug has been resolved using version 4.2, which NCH sent me a link to after submitting a bug report. The version for download on the website is still 4.14, so if you need this bug resolved, contact NCH support for the link to version 4.2.

Jean B.