Unable to get PAP2 work with Axon with codec729

tufail_74

Hello friends, I have Axon and trying to configure Linksys PAP2 with it. After lot of hit and trial, i have to conclusion that code g729 is not fitting in it. with 711u, it establishes connection and works fine in the LAN.

but if someone from outside connects to Axon and then calls me, voice quality is very bad in 711u.

If i use Eyebeam with g729, the quality is 100%.

please help me. lot of thanks in advance,

• 4 weeks later...
Hello friends, I have Axon and trying to configure Linksys PAP2 with it. After lot of hit and trial, i have to conclusion that code g729 is not fitting in it. with 711u, it establishes connection and works fine in the LAN.

but if someone from outside connects to Axon and then calls me, voice quality is very bad in 711u.

If i use Eyebeam with g729, the quality is 100%.

please help me. lot of thanks in advance,

I'm not shure, but I think that both parts (caller and receiver) must support the same codec.

None of NCH's VoIP/Telephony software supports G.729. This is because the codec is proprietary and requires a license fee for each port/simultaneous call you require, and NCH has decided not to bother with it.

G.711 is recommended (provided there is enough bandwidth), you can also use GSM and there is another codec which I can never remember, I think it's either G.726 or G.723