Improveing IVM IVR system

selmeczya

Hi!

I would like to get some performance information about IVM Answering Attendant Software.

I have been using this software running an IVR solution.

I would like to scaleup this system, enabling many users to call the IVR at the same time. However I have no information regarding the software performance.

Please try to answer following questions:

- Can I use about 150-200 OGM in our IVR program without any risk, if I buy the Enterprise licence?

- How many parallel VoIP call can be handled by this software?

- Is there any method to test our IVR program with aprox. 50-100 paralell call? (without 100 real call)

- Can You mention any IVR reference, which contain about 150-200 OGM and can handle 50-100 paralell call with IVM Answering Attendant Software?

- Do you know how many paralell HTTP request can be handled by the IVM system with the ineturl.exe IVM plugin?

- Finally, can you give us any form of garantie that this software will be capable to work with high availablity or will work at all, if I would like to build a complex IVR System with 150-200 OGM, 50-500 paralell calls, and several HTTP call with ineturl.exe?

Thank you for your help!

I am looking forward to your answers!

Adam

1) Yes the number of OGMs should be 'limitless' and I shouldn't see any problem with about 100, however I never stress-tested the software to find out.

2) So long as you have enough bandwidth and the computer hardware, it should support about 100 callers fairly well, however some users have reported difficulties after just 3 or 4 simultaneous calls. I don't think this was for everyone, but certainly some did encounter difficulties and this may have been fixed in the latest version.

3) There are various services out there that do stress testing on your VoIP applications for a fee. Just give them the number to call, how many calls you want sent and it will call in as many times as you want with as many simultaneous calls as you want. Can be a bit expensive though, so you typically only do that in your final stages when your application is ready to be deployed.

4) I can't think of any published examples. Most companies do not release such information however, so you would really only know if someone just happened to casually mention the size of their IVR app on these forums somewhere.

5) I have no idea, the best I can suggest is to try stress testing yourself.

6) Unfortunately, you assume all liability and there is no guarantee (implied or otherwise) that the software will meet your requirements for a system under such demand. You can purchase one of the support options and try to get better support from NCH if you run into a problem, however other than that you are on your own.

This why I suggest you do some testing on your own first to make sure IVM will be able to meet your demands before you spend time (and money) on developing and deploying an IVR application just to find out it doesn't work out for you.

Note: I do not work for NCH nor am I an official representative for the company. Any information I provide is accurate to the best of my ability, however could still be inaccurate and I assume no responsibility (nor does NCH) for any misinformation in this post that may lead to any problems later on. You assume all risk and responsibility associated with using the software.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Adam, we a very experienced business in IVR market (since 1988) and deployed an IVM IVR app to Coca Cola here in Brazil. Purchased an Enterprise version along with customization. We believed that IVM was "THE" great solution that we had been looking for. But it gave us a hard time with our client. First we realized that IVM was so good to work with that we couldn´t believe it! Every feature was so nice ... We finally came to the site to deploy it. During the tests we never attempted to the fact that we were genereting no more than 3 simultaneous SIP calls. And we decided to turn it into production environment. We started to test via public telephony network and as the calls started to came in, the audio played to ALL simultaneous calls was so CHOPPY...and it got more choppy as more calls came. Result: we returned to the old analog version of the service with a CLOWN version of ourselves! It was so ridiculous..We were working with Siemens SIP experts. They were intalling 2 Siemens 8000 full sippbx and 2 4000 units (hybrid). We have tried it all!!!! And no solution. We finally have isolated the problem, and it was within IVM. We had a very nice computer, fully loaded, a very advanced SipPbx with very good technicians. I rushed to NCH´s tech support (ghosts) and they give me evasive answers. They post that IVM is capable of handling 64 simultaneous calls on their site but it was a lie so far. They sent us today (04-30-09) a so called fixed-bug version. Be very carefull. We haven´t tested the new version yet. We´ll let you know of our advances here.

regards

neway