convert 3gpp to mpeg or wmv sound problems

fishylure

When I convert a 3gpp file from my cell phone to mpeg or wmv the sound doesn't transfer correctly. I have have the ffmpeg box checked and have tried different encoder options (bitrates, etc.) but nothing changes. Also, the wmv and mpeg files seem to be larger as I can email the 3gpp but the other two are too big to email. Any help appreciates

When I convert a 3gpp file from my cell phone to mpeg or wmv the sound doesn't transfer correctly. I have have the ffmpeg box checked and have tried different encoder options (bitrates, etc.) but nothing changes. Also, the wmv and mpeg files seem to be larger as I can email the 3gpp but the other two are too big to email. Any help appreciates

.3gp are a highly compressed video format made for mobile phones, going to mpeg will increase their size and in no way improve the video or sound quality. (basic rule of data destruction)

What exactly is the sound doing however? it should remain the same quality, but if it is out of sync or distorted I will have a look into it.