FTP Server Connection?

maxb

Okay, I feel stupid asking this question, but how to I connect Express Delegate to my FTP server where DialDictate is sending all the files? I could not see that setting anywhere in ED...

Express Delegate can't currently load dictations directly from FTP, and DialDictate isn't currently able to send dictations directly to Express Delegate. Until one of these two features are implemented I can't think of a way to automate this.

Express Delegate can't currently load dictations directly from FTP, and DialDictate isn't currently able to send dictations directly to Express Delegate. Until one of these two features are implemented I can't think of a way to automate this.

At least I wasn't as stupid as I thought. Next question, then how do dictations get into ED? Does it have to run on the same server and share a directory, or received via email? Sorry, this is just not clear at all in the documentation.

Next question, then how do dictations get into ED?

Express Dictate and MSRS have an Express Delegate send method which uploads recordings directly to the Delegate server. If you'd like a similar feature in Dial Dictate, please use the Dial Dictate "Help" -> "Send Improvement Suggestion or Feedback" menu item to suggest it to the developers.

In the meantime, you can use the Delegate web interface to manually upload Dial Dictate recordings from any computer to a Delegate server.