MP4 to AVI. audio problems

soggyface

When converting a mp4 to avi. file, the video plays fine in prism, but when playing in windows media player the sound stops halfway through the video. When playing in prism, in the 'other information' field it says 'incorrect timestamps found in the source file. It is recommended to specify the framerate manually for this file.' Have tried changing the framerate but still the same. I have the free trial at the moment, and dont want to buy full version unless i can get it working... any ideas?? Thanks :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i prefer VidCrop PRO. A very functional and easy software!supports most popular video formats *.AVI, *.WMV, *.MPEG, *.MOV, *.3GP, *.MP4. Result movie file would be avi, wmv, mpeg1, mpeg2, 3gp, mp4 and it will be controlled with width, height, frames per second and other codec properties.

I use it for a long period and haven't got any problems with converting.

you can try it free here http://geovid.com/VidCrop_PRO/

• 1 month later...

I am a newbie at this and am adding to this thread since the MP4 is my problem too. I have the Prism v1.27

I can play this mp4 on my computer just fine, action and sound. I tried to convert to AVI and when it is finished, it starts out jerky then stops. I am new and do not understand the converter settings so have left them be as they are which worked with other formats when I got it. Looking through the options I see:

Edit Output:

(Check mark) resize video

(radio button) Shrink or enlarge video to the selected size

Width 724

Height 576

(I would like to be able to watch on my digital TV)

Frame rate grayed out but I can see 30.00

I had tried that MP4 converter mentioned above but it did not work for ma.

Any instruction will be greatly appreciated. This converter will have been a waste of money if I cannot use it properly.

Many thanks.. Syl