VHS to DVD to Prism fails to Play

Swinv

At least 10 years ago, I had made, from home video, an unprotected VHS tape.

Last week, using a Panasonic dual-format machine, I made an unprotected DVD from that VHS tape.

I then saved the DVD to a file on my desktop.

That entire file plays without any problem in 'Windows Media Player'.

Today I attempted to convert that file (also tried from the DVD itself, but I don't think that's relevant) using (the free version of) Prism.

The resulting converted file was a short portion of the beginning of the file (about 20 seconds in all, of a two minute file); without sound after the first several seconds.

Prism displayed the converted file listing with the warning: "Warning: Incorrect time stamps found in the source file. It is recommended to specify the framerate manually for this file."

I did specify a framerate (tried two, actually), with no improvement, which is not surprising, since, when I attempted to merely Play the original, unconverted file in Prism, I found that only the same beginning of the file played, and the sound cut out at the same point.

To repeat myself, the entire file plays without any problem in 'Windows Media Player', but only the first several seconds are recognized by Prism.

Any ideas?

Thanks