Short Messages

Guest imdidoc

Guest imdidoc

I'm evaluating IVM for our office and just got it configured. As part of the testing, I left a brief message "Hi, it's me, call me" which lasted about 2-3 seconds. IVM did not record the message and posted "message too short - discarded" notification.

Is there a setting to adjust that?

• 1 month later...
Guest Big Geek

I have the same issue. If I get a call and someone just says " call me " IVR Does:

"Recorded message discarded because it was too short"

I realy need to shorten the this or remove it. I would prefer to have a blank messege then not to revece a messege at all. In the case in mention it was one of my bigger clients. Thank God I was standing next to the server when they called other wise I would have never had been notified.

I loked in the .INI files but I could not find where this would be to rem it out.

Thanks,

Big Geek

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Slim from Down Under
Craig is the in INI, if so I would edit it my self.

I am watching with interest, I have not been able to receive a 15sec. message, so the software seems to be unacceptable.

Slim from Down Under.

• 2 months later...
I am watching with interest, I have not been able to receive a 15sec. message, so  the software seems to be unacceptable.

Slim from Down Under.

I have the same problem. It looks like there will be no help from the "support staff".

I can't see wasting any money on an unsupported product like this.

hey guys,

i was having this problem on my setup. i'm a regular home user running it on my XP computer. if i run ivm on my profile, it works great. if my wife runs it at the sametime under her profile, it does this exact thing .. answers the phone, speaks for 2 seconds, hangs up. what I finally did was setup IVM to run as a service and show only to this user (me) - then told her not to run the app directly.

hope this helps =\

• 2 months later...

Yes, we do need an answer to this problem of "message too short - discarded" notification. This one needs to stay on top!! I have not even purchased the program, but am using the demo, and it is not saving until around 15 seconds. Now to me that is quite a bit of talking. 5 to 6 Seconds is long enough to leave a name and telephone number to call me back. Where can we change this????? I am using 3.07 with XP SP2.

Hey NCHCraig, just what do you consider a 'Short Message' ??

I may have found the answer to this short message problem, just from testing all sorts of things. I hope this helps others, because it solved this problem on mine immediately!!

1. Go to Settings

2. Click the Devices Tab

3. Click the 'Advanced VoIP Account Settings' button at the bottom

4. Under 'Call Detection Timing', in the 'End-Of-Call Detect Delay', I changed the default value of 4500 to a value of 500.

I closed the program and restarted it. It now records messages from actual calls using another telephone line as short as TWO(2) Seconds !!! I have no idea of why this works, or what it was originally intended for, but IT WORKED!!! I am VERY HAPPY!!

:lol::rolleyes:B):D:P:)