"Could not open source video file"

wozz

• 2 months later...
Im trying to convert a video into avi that i downloaded wit realplayer of youtube and i keep getting that error stated in topic title.. need some help..

I have this error message too with a DVD film trying to copying in avi or mov.

Can help anyone ?

Im trying to convert a video into avi that i downloaded wit realplayer of youtube and i keep getting that error stated in topic title.. need some help..

Well, I think the problem lies with the fact that you "downloaded" the video. In my case, I'm able to convert the videos already downloaded(using Realplayer also) before the installation of Prism but not the ones that were downloaded after. The same goes for the Switch Audio Converter. You might want to try uninstalling it and reinstalling it again - do not use repair(it doesn't work) - and see if it works. I'm trying it now. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest N.C.H a.n

Hi,

Some realplayer files can only be played/converted through real player.

If Prism can, it will borrow the real player codec, to open real files and convert them into a different format.

Generally if you have troubles do the following.

Please go into options, and tick the option on the conversion tab to "Use ffmpeg first". This will use the ffmpeg encoders rather than using the ones on your computer. So if you are currently having troubles, This option may fix them.

Other than that, if there is a way you can install real player codecs that prism can borrow and use, it will work from then on.

Thankyou