How to port all invoice and customer info to new computer

kpatel55

Guys,

I am new user of express invoice. Please tell me how to port all information about my customer and invoices etc to my laptop.

and further how to sync both computer so I have same data on both.

thanks,

Kirit :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest nchaj

Express Invoice is free, there is no paid version. Backup/Restore is there for anyone to use. If its not appearing, make sure you have the latest version.

ehem... just today a paid 'Plus' version has been released.. should have no bearing on this answer though going by the date of post but will go on a mission to find some more info

Express Invoice is free, there is no paid version. Backup/Restore is there for anyone to use. If its not appearing, make sure you have the latest version.

ehem... just today a paid 'Plus' version has been released.. should have no bearing on this answer though going by the date of post but will go on a mission to find some more info

When I read this post, I was looking to find out why I could not use my previous invoices after reinstalling my machine.

I downloaded the latest version, which like all others I have had does not have restore enabled, and the day I made that post the Plus 'paid for' version was available, which was why I made my post.

I saw it as a cynical move to disable restore facility, so i moved to a different invoice software.

My facts are correct.

I did email NCH about this, although I never did receive a reply.

Guest nchaj

I searched around for an email in our system from the email your using now and couldn't see one. Being that Invoice is a free program our automation may not have let your email through, however you would have been notified of that fact on the web page after you submitted the form.

There have been whispers about the new paid version coming out, and as I asked around yesterday it seems the installer is out there but all the web pages aren't up to date as yet.

I also asked what the differences were between the paid and plus and its only a numbers game i.e. Plus can have more than one organization and more than one web account. I have the free version running (2.10) and my backup and restore functions are working. I'm still asking around though

Guest nchaj

Hey Boris, confirmation that the backup restore is in the free version. what version are you running? if its an older one it may have been a bug

Guest nchaj

V 1.14 is one of our earliest versions. It was released in Nov 2007. Ive read through the release notes and I cant pinpoint the date when this changed but I do recall the backup and restore functions we a bit hit and miss in the early days. Its a very simple process now.

You can download the newest free version at any time, but I would wait until 2.11 is released to avoid the 'invoice total' bug. Make up backup of 1.14 incase you don't like the new version you can roll back.

C:\program files\NCH Software\Express Invoice

V 1.14 is one of our earliest versions. It was released in Nov 2007. Ive read through the release notes and I cant pinpoint the date when this changed but I do recall the backup and restore functions we a bit hit and miss in the early days. Its a very simple process now.

You can download the newest free version at any time, but I would wait until 2.11 is released to avoid the 'invoice total' bug. Make up backup of 1.14 incase you don't like the new version you can roll back.

C:\program files\NCH Software\Express Invoice

You're right. I finally got the latest software and it is running fine and has restored my earlier backup.

I apologise and take back my earlier comments.

For free software, with backup and restore function this software is excellent.