Can't open foot pedal setup Wizard

lolagranola

I have an Infinity USB foot pedal. I went to the NCH site and installed the correct driver (I think; at any rate, I installed *a* driver, and I believe it's the right one).

Whenever I open the options menu on Express Scribe and try to set up my pedal with the wizard, it doesn't work. I do have "3 pedals" selected, so that's not the problem.

Whenever I press the "Foot Pedal Control Setup Wizard" button, I get an error message saying, "The selected port or device could not be opened."

When I read through this forum before, I got the idea that installing the driver might fix this problem, but apparently not. Why can't it open my port or device, please, and what do I do about it?

Thank you for your help!

I have an Infinity USB foot pedal. I went to the NCH site and installed the correct driver (I think; at any rate, I installed *a* driver, and I believe it's the right one).

Whenever I open the options menu on Express Scribe and try to set up my pedal with the wizard, it doesn't work. I do have "3 pedals" selected, so that's not the problem.

Whenever I press the "Foot Pedal Control Setup Wizard" button, I get an error message saying, "The selected port or device could not be opened."

Which port have you selected from the Port drop-down list? You should be using the "VEC Infinity Pedals" choice.

Does the problem go away if you close and re-open Scribe?

Which port have you selected from the Port drop-down list? You should be using the "VEC Infinity Pedals" choice.

That fixed it immediately. I just had the wrong port selected. Thank you so much for fixing my silly error! It's working perfectly now. (And yes, the problem remained when I closed and restarted the program.)

• 4 weeks later...

[/quote

I am also having this problem. I have the correct settings chosen but I keep getting the window that says "The selected port or device could not be opened." I have been using my footpedal all night and this happened out of the blue. I removed Expresscribe and reloaded and it did not fix it the problem. I have rebooted several times and still nothing. I reiterate: My port settings are VEC Infinity Pedals and Handheld and 3 Pedals. That is the only VEC option I have. I have reloaded expresscribe and have also rebooted several times. I am using XP. Please help, I am losing money.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings,

I also have an Infinity pedal that I am trying to install. I can't find the site to install the driver though. It seems that I need to find the HIDWATCH.dll. Is that right? Anyways, will much appreciate your feedback and any other tips.

Thanks so much. I will look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

• 3 months later...

When I read through this forum before, I got the idea that installing the driver might fix this problem, but apparently not. Why can't it open my port or device, please, and what do I do about it?

Thank you for your help!

Make sure you also Change the port to VEC infinity USB pedals.