Newbie needs help please.

Louie

Hi, I am new at this. Can someone please explain how to use software and paste onto a website. i would like to create an internet radio and play pre-recorded music as if it was live. Any replies will be greatly appreciated. I tried reading the manual, but I still do not understand this. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Louie

Broadwave provides the streaming server. Your website will need a link which points to the IP address of the PC running broadwave and the correct port. Once you have installed broadwave, click on the Connect icon and it will give an example.

You can use it to serve up a pre-recorded mp3 file, or you can use it to stream live audio.

The live audio can be either originated elsewhere and fed into the PC's Line-In (select with Windows audio Recording Properties "line-in" selected), or it can be originated on the same PC using radio station software - for example using ZaraRadio (there's a free version, see www.zararadio.com), and in this case, select "stereo mix" or "wave out mix" or similar (the name depends on your soundcard).