Convert midi to mp3, or wav

Guest jayindy

Guest jayindy

I purchased Switch last night with the intent to simply convert "serenaded.mid" (.midi file) to mp3, or to wav. Before I purchased this software I thought I could do this from the short research I did (...or little research I did...actually the switch icon sold me 8-o).

I have loaded Switch (Ver 1.5.0 Intel) onto my macbook pro laptop (Mac OS X ver 10.5.6, 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo) and it is registered from my online visa purchase.

When I browse from "Add File(s)" to the "temp" folder where I have this 1 "serenaded.mid" file, the file is shaded, or should I say not a bold lettered file, or seemingly the Switch software cannot see the single file when I click on it (I've changed no settings - all settings are default).

Hopefully this should be an easy question to answer, but can this software convert a simple .mdi file to mp3 or wav? If so, can I email someone this file to see if their Switch can convert it?

I also purchased Quicktime Pro ver 7.6.0 to record the file from the web...could it be Quicktime can convert this 17751 byte file somehow?

thanks, big sigh (new to recordings...my wife sings at our Worship services...reason for my need to burn onto a CD)

Guest jayindy
I purchased Switch last night with the intent to simply convert "serenaded.mid" (.midi file) to mp3, or to wav. Before I purchased this software I thought I could do this from the short research I did (...or little research I did...actually the switch icon sold me 8-o).

I have loaded Switch (Ver 1.5.0 Intel) onto my macbook pro laptop (Mac OS X ver 10.5.6, 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo) and it is registered from my online visa purchase.

When I browse from "Add File(s)" to the "temp" folder where I have this 1 "serenaded.mid" file, the file is shaded, or should I say not a bold lettered file, or seemingly the Switch software cannot see the single file when I click on it (I've changed no settings - all settings are default).

Hopefully this should be an easy question to answer, but can this software convert a simple .mdi file to mp3 or wav? If so, can I email someone this file to see if their Switch can convert it?

I also purchased Quicktime Pro ver 7.6.0 to record the file from the web...could it be Quicktime can convert this 17751 byte file somehow?

thanks, big sigh (new to recordings...my wife sings at our Worship services...reason for my need to burn onto a CD)

Guest jayindy

Ok, let me make this simple...

This switch software should convert a .mid file into either mp3, or wav, correct? How about a yes/no folks.

I'd rather paypal someone a tip here cause it appears I'm out of luck calling any tech support, being there is no phone numbers listed anywhere.

Seems like a great piece of software, but it simply is not pulling in my .mid file. Could the file be locked? Replies appreciated.

• 7 months later...

Unfortunately, I don't know if Switch can convert .midi files to mp3 or wav.

As an alternative I would recommend trying MIDI to MP3 Converter. It converts files in a few seconds without using any sound card or synthesizer. It uses so called "Soundfonts". Soundfonts are files that contain recorded samples of different musical instruments. Musicians can use specialized soundfonts for piano, guitar, trumpet etc. That is, you can select any instruments and convert to mp3 with excellent quality. You can download a free trial version of it.

Guest N.C.H a.n

Ok, let me make this simple...

This switch software should convert a .mid file into either mp3, or wav, correct? How about a yes/no folks.

I'd rather paypal someone a tip here cause it appears I'm out of luck calling any tech support, being there is no phone numbers listed anywhere.

Seems like a great piece of software, but it simply is not pulling in my .mid file. Could the file be locked? Replies appreciated.

Hi,

Please see http://www.nch.com.au/switch/kb/1065.html

If you go to the switch page, click on support up the top right, then down the bottom theres a link that says, "None of the above answers my question, contact support"

If you go here you can send us an email and we will respond.

Thankyou